To get a nice blues sound and loopers

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Two questions:

I only have one pedal, a Boss SD-1, and one of my amps is a tube amp, Carvin Vintage 16. If I wanted a blues like sound, what pedal is popular for that. I see Boss has a "Blues Driver" pedal that gets decent reviews. I've wondered about their "amp" sound pedals, like the Fender Bassman pedal one other Amp modeled pedal I don't see on their web site. I've also read a good review of a Seymore Duncan Twin Tube Classic pedal.

I would also like to check out a looper pedal for drum beats and making a rhythm and then learning to solo over it. I understand the 1 button style are more of a pain to use. What's good in this segment of the market ?

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
John, there's about a million great effects out there.
Your best bet is to check youtube for ideas on the sound you're after, then squat a GC (while you still can!) and try them hands on... That's what I would do.

Keep in mind the best OD to my ears might not rock your boat.

On another hand, if you want to talk about which strings are best..... :cower: :very_drunk: :highly_amused:

Last edited:

parker_knoll

Reaction score
what even is a "blues like sound"?

I mean the blues started in about 1900 and is still going today, so there is a wealth of sounds out there

it's too vague. if you knew better what you wanted I could maybe help :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Two questions:

I only have one pedal, a Boss SD-1, and one of my amps is a tube amp, Carvin Vintage 16. If I wanted a blues like sound, what pedal is popular for that. I see Boss has a "Blues Driver" pedal that gets decent reviews. I've wondered about their "amp" sound pedals, like the Fender Bassman pedal one other Amp modeled pedal I don't see on their web site. I've also read a good review of a Seymore Duncan Twin Tube Classic pedal.

I would also like to check out a looper pedal for drum beats and making a rhythm and then learning to solo over it. I understand the 1 button style are more of a pain to use. What's good in this segment of the market ?

Hey JohnW63, As far as Overdrives go there are a million out there and you have to try them yourself or check them out on youtube. I get great blues tones out of my Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Plimsoul, JHS Moonshine among the other standards like a tubescreamer. Really you need to try them or listen on youtube. As far as a looper goes Boss makes a great one, Think it's called the RC Loop Station. Personally I use a Small TC Electronic Ditto Pedal on my board and I love it. Sound is great and you can upload to the computer with the usb capability. I think the Boss is around $200 new and the Ditto was like $79.

Last edited: