help me date my F-30R!

Reaction score
Hello all,

A friend of mine recently gave me his old guild guitar and I'm having trouble not only locating but also deciphering the complex of numbers that Guild's serial list. Because I'm so bad at reading these things (and aren't even sure if this indeed an F-30R!) I thought I'd drop by to ask the favor of some help in discovering more about this lovely guitar.

Here are the pictures:
IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

1c4cd54e-5029-4402-ba70-4cd05221e41c.jpg

What year is it? etc etc

Thanks!

PS: my apology for the quality of the images- photobucket is something I rarely use..

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

A friend of mine recently gave me his old guild guitar and I'm having trouble not only locating but also deciphering the complex of numbers that Guild's serial list. Because I'm so bad at reading these things (and aren't even sure if this indeed an F-30R!) I thought I'd drop by to ask the favor of some help in discovering more about this lovely guitar.

IMG_6625.jpg

What year is it? etc etc

Hello ttheothereye,

Welcome! What you have is a version of the F-30R that was introduced during the year 1976; basically a scaled down version of an F-50R.
Your F-30R is from the year 1977 and it is a somewhat rare guitar that you don't see very often.

I hope you will enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

shot put

Reaction score
Hi - I have an f-30r identical to yours also a1977; love it. Enjoy-best fingerstlyle guitar out there.