So I did it again

drew

Reaction score
I've gotta stop "browsing" on ebay and looking at whatever Guilds happen to be available. A little while ago I bought the New Old Stock Surf Green D25 built in Corona. That thing has really opened up and sounds fantastic. I love playing it and hardly ever touch my D4HG True American anymore. Well last night I was just poking around, had just sold a 1983 Stratocaster Elite so had some "guitar money" burning a hole in my pocket and found a Corona built D50ce, so I put an offer on it and...now I just have to wait for it to get here! Does anybody have any experience with the D50ce who can regale me with stories about how awesome (or in the unlikely event, not) they are? Here are some pics of my D25, I'll add pics of the D50ce when it arrives.

image_zpsa9f4hfhl.jpg.html

image_zpsggrbrsfu.jpg.html
image_zpsusogpmoc.jpg.html
image_zps2dfucxgv.jpg.html

drew

Reaction score
image_zps2dfucxgv.jpg

Not sure if the pics worked, here is attempt #2...

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very, very nice...surf's up? :friendly_wink: Might I suggest...very carefully, taking the plastic off the pickguard...before it doesn't come off?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Very, very nice...surf's up? :friendly_wink: Might I suggest...very carefully, taking the plastic off the pickguard...before it doesn't come off?

"IIRC" the stuff's static cling and non-reactive with pickguard material, I don't think it'll ever get permanently stuck.

drew

Reaction score

Ha, yeah that was the day I got it... The plastic came off soon thereafter and it has been played and loved quite a bit since then. I actually started a thread detailing how it sounded thin and "tinney" at first but then just opened up after about day three and now has a nice rich full sound. I had never experienced anything like it and was disappointed in my purchase at first, now I am just enamored with it and want to pick it up every time I think about it.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love the photos of the D25! I have a strange fascination with those colored ones. I'm sure someone mentioned the truss rod cover is on upside down, but what a beauty it is!! :encouragement:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've gotta stop "browsing" on ebay and looking at whatever Guilds happen to be available. A little while ago I bought the New Old Stock Surf Green D25 built in Corona. That thing has really opened up and sounds fantastic. I love playing it and hardly ever touch my D4HG True American anymore. Well last night I was just poking around, had just sold a 1983 Stratocaster Elite so had some "guitar money" burning a hole in my pocket and found a Corona built D50ce, so I put an offer on it and...now I just have to wait for it to get here! Does anybody have any experience with the D50ce who can regale me with stories about how awesome (or in the unlikely event, not) they are? Here are some pics of my D25, I'll add pics of the D50ce when it arrives.

image_zpsa9f4hfhl.jpg.html

image_zpsggrbrsfu.jpg.html
image_zpsusogpmoc.jpg.html
image_zps2dfucxgv.jpg.html

Nice pics of the D25. Let me be one of the first to say congrats on your D50ce Purchase! If you are looking for an awesome sounding Spruce and Rosewood dread you found one. As you already know the Corona builds are on par with the Westerly and other builds. Expect nice balance on the tone with beautiful overtones to match. Bottom line I think the D50ce standards from any era are the Best Bang for the Buck Spruce and Rosewood dreads on the market. That thing should hang with and in most instances sound better than any of the Other Manufacturer's Guitars costing 3 to 4 times as much. Congrats and can't wait to see some pics, Enjoy!:friendly_wink:

drew

Reaction score
Received my D50ce last week and finally got pictures yesterday... Such a big sweet sound! I don't normally care about cases but this tweed one I thought was pretty cool, I haven't seen one like it.

02A47B27-BDB2-4EB9-8364-2AE29CEA5D70_zpst54413qa.jpg.html

87750F6E-FC7E-4073-8B49-79D593A50F4A_zpszd8z8tod.jpg.html

CAE53F87-A0BF-4F79-A117-E902EC5BCAE0_zpsfcaeusqe.jpg.html

10A3386D-7C74-4F37-B60A-43331BFE4AF6_zpsw7nbmqwe.jpg.html

0837A8D7-ABB9-4D7F-B638-9D1256B7C52A_zpsbtlblboa.jpg.html

B891A2AE-53AA-48B2-AC17-47B3F870EBD2_zps0dnubdlb.jpg.html

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
II'm sure someone mentioned the truss rod cover is on upside down, but what a beauty it is!! :encouragement:
Ha ha! Was just going to say that he should switch the TRC around. But as he said, those where the pictures when he just got the guitar, so I assume he has changed it. And yes, the guitar looks mighty fine!
And drew: Congrats on the new D-50CE!
Ralf

drew

Reaction score
38D2F9B3-A366-4261-9733-C0BEA90BC3C3_zps6i70mibf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lets see if I can figure this out...

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice! I have a Corona D50 (no cutaway), and it also has a big, sweet sound. Hope you enjoy your new Guild.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah very pretty , sounds please ;)