Great microphone deals!

gibsonjunkie

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not sure if this is the place to put this, but... Sweetwater has an amazing deal on Blue Encore mics right now. Buy one, get one free. I just picked up a couple Encore 200 mics and they really rawk! They are dynamic mics, but require phantom power. I have a Shure Beta 58, and frankly, my initial reaction is that these things are a LOT better (and I love what the Beta 58 does for my voice). A better report will follow when I have a chance to play with them some more.

Not a salesman for them - just appreciate a great deal!

Last edited:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
How does is stack up to your old mic? What does it do for your voice, specifically?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We use the Encore 100s on stage. Sturdier and better sounding than the old SM-58s.

gibsonjunkie

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, after playing around with both for a while, I really like the punch the encore has - a bit stronger than the Shure. Truth be told, however, I like the sound of my voice better with the Beta 58a. I'm glad I have a couple for the mic locker, though.

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to put this, but... Sweetwater has an amazing deal on Blue Encore mics right now. Buy one, get one free. I just picked up a couple Encore 200 mics and they really rawk! They are dynamic mics, but require phantom power. I have a Shure Beta 58, and frankly, my initial reaction is that these things are a LOT better (and I love what the Beta 58 does for my voice). A better report will follow when I have a chance to play with them some more.

Not a salesman for them - just appreciate a great deal!

I never said said thank you for the tip. I bought two of the 200's and am very pleased. Thank you!