Thread: FAQ: Posting pictures to LTG.

FAQ: Posting pictures to LTG.

This topic seems to come very often. Many have tried to produce a clear and simple guide, and I thought I'd take a stab at it.

BTW, I know that this isn't the only way, and perhaps not the easiest.

It's all done in pictures, beginning with Photobucket.

(NOTE: as of 2017 you cannot host pictures for free on photobucket. Instead we are (weakly) recommending other sites to host your photos. Sadly, we cannot guarantee anything after seeing what photobucket did this year, but see below, starting at http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...=1#post1784297 for suggestions.

Here's Step 1... (again, please note above -- photobucket is no longer free)

Now, we move to LTG...

Last edited by chazmo; Yesterday at 05:29 PM.
    Dave

1989 D25 - 2013 DD6-RCE
    '07 Gibson Les Paul Std - '07 Martin D-18VE - '08 Taylor GA3-12 - '08 Nash Strat - '10 Jacobs Jagcaster - '13 Martin 000-28EC - 13 G&L Tribute JB2
    Dr. Z Cure - Fender Super Champ - Fishman Loudbox Mini - SWR 2X10C

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1018446

Quote Originally Posted by dapmdave View Post

Even easier is to left-click the "IMG" URL. (It will automatically copy it as the box will turn yellow and say "Copied".)

Than you can directly paste it into your post! You don't need the "Insert Image" button!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guilds of Grot View Post
    Even easier is to left-click the "IMG" URL. (It will automatically copy it as the box will turn yellow and say "Copied".)

Than you can directly paste it into your post! You don't need the "Insert Image" button!
    Yup. I know there are several ways to get it done.
    Dave

1989 D25 - 2013 DD6-RCE
    '07 Gibson Les Paul Std - '07 Martin D-18VE - '08 Taylor GA3-12 - '08 Nash Strat - '10 Jacobs Jagcaster - '13 Martin 000-28EC - 13 G&L Tribute JB2

Stickied, FAQ added to title, moved to forum news/FAQs.

Thanks Dave!
    "Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders."
    (amps - I need a "99" & "50")

You're welcome!
    Dave

1989 D25 - 2013 DD6-RCE

Folks, FYI, we are no longer suggesting the use of photobucket.com to host pictures. They no longer support free hosting.

I have just uploaded pictures to imgur.com, and for now this is working. I don't know if/when they will decide you have to pay or not, but this works and is an option for you to consider for hosting.

When you establish your account with imgur.com, you can upload your photo(s) and then what you do is you click on the COPY button where it says "BBCode (message boards & forums)". It's the fifth one down on my screen, when I've selected a picture:

Last edited by chazmo; Yesterday at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    I am going to hang onto this little F-20 and play it as a reminder that life is sometimes rough, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the damage you accrue along the way defines who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcellis
    Growing old is a bitch.
    Guild 12-strings:
    1978 G-312NT (Westerly) - "Franzz",
    1994 JF-30-12Bld (Westerly),
    2006 F-512 (Tacoma),
    2010 F-212XL STD (New Hartford) - "Connie"
    2014 Orpheum 12 OOO SHRW (New Hartford)

Non-Guild 12s:
    1970 Martin D-12-20
    1980 Ibanez AW-75 (Series I)
    1984 Taylor 655

Here’s a primer on how to post pics using the blog service Wordpress. Setting up and using a Wordpress account is free and you get 3GB of storage space, which will hold plenty of pics. You don’t even have to publish your pics on a webpage if you don’t want.

First, go to http://Wordpress.com and register for a free website. Then, make sure to respond to the confirmation email to go live.
    Next, when you log in and select your site, scroll down the menu on the left and click on “Dashboard”.

That will bring you to a similar menu, where you’ll select “Media”, and then “Add new”.

From there, you can select your pic to upload from your device or computer. After it uploads, you’ll see your media library. Select the pic you want to post, and then click “Edit”.

That will bring up an edit menu, where you can copy the pic’s web address.

Paste it into your post here, using the “image” icon, and you’re done!

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM.
    Chris
    ---
    '56 A-50, '57 CE-100, '60 X-150, '61 M-20, '62 F-20, '64 S-50 Jetstar, '64 Mark II, '65 SFIV, '71 S-90, '75 F-112, '75 Mark IVp, '81 M-80,
    '82 S-275, '86 T-250, '88 Detonator, '93 X-500, '97 Bluesbird, '99 F-30, '16 NS S-200 Thunderbird
    '54 Masteramp, '60 99j, '63 200-S, '66 Thunderbass, '69 Thunderstar, '92 G-500
    Acorn House
    '08 Parlor, '10 Butternut Deuce, '13 Rounder, '14 Kulakeiki

'94 G&L Legacy
    '03 Elder Lute
    ---
    http://acornhouseworkshop.com/

If you are not seeing the icon for "insert photo here" above your posts dialogue box on THIS LTG SITE ......you likely are set to 'basic editor' and need to change this. WITHIN YOUR LTG FORUM account...go to: settings --> general settings --> miscellaneous options and click the 'enhanced interface'.

My LTG Account Settings (I assume by default) had always been set to "basic editor" which does not provide the "insert image here" icon...thus I could not insert photos into posts. Once I changed the setting to "enhanced interface"....I was set to go!

Thereafter....say in Imgur....just click your photo and copy the "direct link". Then within your LTG post.....go to the (now present) insert image icon above the dialogue box.....and paste the direct link from Imgur into your post.
    Last edited by Kitarkus; Yesterday at 06:31 PM. Reason: referring to imgur
    D-40 Std New Hartford 2012
    F-30NT Westerly 1974
    M-20 Hoboken 1968
    Yamaha FG-110
    D-50NT Westerly 1978 (unfortunately sold)