Bluesbird Knob Repair

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
o.k. then, bear with my ignorance. The silver Guild insert on the top of one of the clear knobs came loose. It was in the case pocket when I bought the guitar. Does anyone know how they were placed on in the first place and does anyone have any thoughts about how I can now replace the insert back onto the knob?

All ideas welcome

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Is it a logo sticker on the knob w/ a clear plastic sticker on top?

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
it's the silver insert with a G (the lower part of the G being silver in a black kind of triangle shape and the upper part of the G being black without the triangle). It inserts onto the top of the clear plastic knob with settings 1 thru 9 on the bottom of the knob.

The more I look at it, the knob has been messed with and has some rough edges and probably should be replaced. I may have one around here somewhere that will work. I might 1st try just a small touch of glue and see if that works.

hoyt54

Reaction score
Bumping up this thread. I just got a 2002 (?) Bluesbird yesterday and the neck pickup tone knob is cracked and the silver part was loose in the case. The whole knob should be replaced as it's barely hanging on there. (On a side note, this was NOT disclosed by the seller, and it's clearly a replacement as it's missing a dot where the 10 would be as it is on the other 3 knobs AND there is old packaging for the knob in the case storage compartment). Googling around I can only find one seller with the clear knobs and he's asking $55 which seems a bit steep considering I just need one and the price tag on the packaging in the case says $3.50.

Any idea how to get a singe replacement tone knob, the clear kind with the silver G logo?

Thanks!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Richard, assuming I'm reading your question correctly, if you look at the ones for sale on eBay that DT just posted, you can see the bottom of the "G" points to the "5". If you can glue it back one, you may save yourself from buying a new one!

Edit - and, see my post below!

walrus

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Actually, Richard and hoyt54, if you want one, send me a PM. I have four I was thinking of putting on eBay, I'd sell you one (or more) if you want - I'd rather sell them to LTGer's! They are the same as the ones in the eBay link above, from a '98 Bluesbird, in excellent condition.

walrus

hoyt54

Reaction score
Actually, Richard and hoyt54, if you want one, send me a PM. I have four I was thinking of putting on eBay, I'd sell you one (or more) if you want - I'd rather sell them to LTGer's! They are the same as the ones in the eBay link above, from a '98 Bluesbird, in excellent condition.

walrus

Thanks Walrus! I just responded to your PM.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That is one of the things I love about this forum, Folks helping each other out! Make sure to get the right one from Walrus for your individual needs as they should be marked Volume and Tone on the individual knobs.

TX

gilded

Reaction score
Walrus, if you want to sell one more, I'm happy to buy one. I'll send you a PM. Harry/gilded

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is one of the things I love about this forum, Folks helping each other out! Make sure to get the right one from Walrus for your individual needs as they should be marked Volume and Tone on the individual knobs.

TX

Actually, no "Vol" or "Tone" on these - I sent them photos, they are all set!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Actually, no "Vol" or "Tone" on these - I sent them photos, they are all set!

walrus

That's Awesome Walrus, I made the mistake awhile back of not checking a set I got close enough and wound up with 4 Volumes, LOL! That was the only reason I mentioned it. I would up using them on a friends guitar. So now I Know for a fact there is at least one Gibson Les Paul running around out there with Guild Knobs on it! Makes me smile every time I see it.:strawberry:

TX

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, that balances out everything in the world, I put Gibson bell knobs on my Bluesbird!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, that balances out everything in the world, I put Gibson bell knobs on my Bluesbird!

walrus

Don't say that too loud around here. There is a Break Away Faction of the Truss Rod Cover Police that concentrates all of it's efforts on finding Guilds with Gibson Knobs and changing them back. They are known as the "Hob Knobbers" and from what I have seen they are quietly trying to take over the world one Guild Knob at a time.:shocked:

TX

hoyt54

Reaction score
Thanks to Walrus, I was able to get a replacement knob on my new old Bluesbird! But wanted to follow up as I had emailed Guild/Cordoba at the same time a couple weeks ago to see if they happened to have any in stock. Well, today I got this from the customer service rep:
Thank you for these photos! It's rare for us to have replacement parts for non current production Guilds but, it appears we do have clear replacement knobs, silver Guild stickers, dial reading of 1-9.

Our replacement knobs are 11.99 per 2 pack.

Our shipping is a flat fee of $6.00 for continental United States.

So, if anyone else is looking for a replacement knob, looks like you may be able to get them direct from Guild/Cordoba while they last!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Gah! Sorry, hoyt, that's a better deal than I gave you! :shame:

walrus