Apparently Guild thinks I'm legendary and influential

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
No, built by George Mundy, who became Pluto, but Ron's design. I knew both of them.

hieronymous

Reaction score
Guild Total
No, built by George Mundy, who became Pluto, but Ron's design. I knew both of them.

Well, we can argue all we want - I'm sticking by my story, you can have your interpretation too I guess. But if George Mundy wasn't working with Alembic when the electronics were put in, whether or not they are Ron's design, to me it isn't 100% Alembic. The F-2B is based on the Fender design but that doesn't make it a Fender.

etzeppy

Reaction score
The picture of Billy Duffy says "Instrument F-412". That sure looks like rosewood to me.

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Gentlemen, PLEASE! Why quibble over this issue when the original post raises a far more serious question: why is MY picture not included??

Happy Face

Reaction score
Because Happy Faced rock musicians never get taken seriously?

No way! It's a fact that I ooze sex appeal and charisma on stage. Which even our Monkey God has acknowledged, trumps talent every time.

I belong at the top of that page.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gentlemen, PLEASE! Why quibble over this issue when the original post raises a far more serious question: why is MY picture not included??

Do you really want to know? It's because your most prolific pics are of the JS. I can't recall any action shots of the M85 but the real thing is Guild has Newark Street Starfires and the "it's cool but there was never a vintage model with this PU location" M-85's and a picture of a JS in action is not going to inspire folks to go out and buy a comparable Newark Street bass because there ain't one yet.

Happy Face

Reaction score
Do you really want to know? It's because your most prolific pics are of the JS. I can't recall any action shots of the M85 but the real thing is Guild has Newark Street Starfires and the "it's cool but there was never a vintage model with this PU location" M-85's and a picture of a JS in action is not going to inspire folks to go out and buy a comparable Newark Street bass because there ain't one yet.

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention, I'm out in the high desert doing a record, and using my bass very much like Happy Face's. It is rocking the music, comrades. Thumping and huge.

The pants, however - I can't compare to that.

Happy Face

Reaction score
How about my shirt?

PS - saw your post about the microphone mount. Talk about a major PITA. Would that stuff plumbers use in pipe threads help?

Last edited: