A young Bob Dylan with a Guild!

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Well, Almost. :crushed:
Here he is with Carolyn Hester ( She looks a lot like his early girlfriend Suze Rotolo), Bill Lee, and a sleepy-cool bass player.
Spotted this one in this months Acoustic Guitar mag.

hester_dylan.jpg

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Bruce Langhorne... the well-respected session player, and supposedly the inspiration for Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man". The bassist is Bill Lee, who also played on a lot of 60's folk recordings. And most importantly, is that a F-30 that Carolyn Hester is holding?

Bill

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I figure ut to be a F30. Looks the size if a 40, but she might be smallish. Hard to tell really. I know it is neither an F20 or 50.

Kslam

Reaction score
Bruce Langhorne... the well-respected session player, and supposedly the inspiration for Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man". The bassist is Bill Lee, who also played on a lot of 60's folk recordings. And most importantly, is that a F-30 that Carolyn Hester is holding?

Bill

Yup, that's Bill Lee -- father of Spike Lee.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Super Cool Catch, John! Thanks for posting.
...and, if that's a sixties Hoboken F-30, all the better.
Like you say down under, "good on ya, mate"

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hope one day to own a Hoboken Guild. Should have bought that D40 that was at GC like 3 years ago, just before I bought my D25 Br on CL, but it was 1200, and the action was very high. And most likely, Hans would have told me that it was really a Westerly with a Hoboken sticker :) But that deep hog tone was something to marvel at. the only other guitar I played that had that old vintage tone and it was an older Martin HD28. It was 2000 which is not in the realm for me right now with all the young kids and my $ going to all that kind of stuff.

CA-35

Reaction score
Great old photo. I enjoyed very much the video with Carolyn Hester too.

Maybe you should rename the post "A young Carolyn Hester with a Guild" :friendly_wink:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great old photo. I enjoyed very much the video with Carolyn Hester too.

Maybe you should rename the post "A young Carolyn Hester with a Guild" :friendly_wink:

If only we had the power to rename thread titles.

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
If only we had the power to rename thread titles.
I agree! Fine by me, but far beyond my humble cyber powers. :apologetic:
Well, at least it brought Carolyn Hester to our attention, and that's a good thing. Great sound, and to me at least, something 'new' from the early 60's Village scene. I'm wondering if LTG's own "Spiderman' has seen her live on stage.
Also, it appears she went with Guild once again in her later choice of Dreadnaughts. Can't blame here there.