Looks like an F50 here (?)....

sz5Oce.jpg

She also plays a D55 and an F512.

Don't recall seeing her here before, :rugby:
Joe

guildman63

Reaction score
Where's the F-50? :playful:

I haven't seen mention of her out here, but there are usually some posters for sale on eBay of her with a Guild acoustic. To this day I have not noticed which model as something else in the posters always gets my attention.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Checkout the "runout" on that guitar! Oh no... here we go on another multi-post thread about whether or not "runout" affects the tone of acoustic guitars!

Bill

guildman63

Reaction score
Here is the take on runout from Hoffman Guitars.

"QUARTER SAWING AND RUNOUT: Both of these factors are a result of the way in which the wood is cut. Quarter sawing means just that -- the log is cut to length (usually blocks of about 24") and then cut (or preferably split) into quarters (called billets), and the boards are then sawn off the resulting flat sides. The result is (hopefully) wood in which the grain lines are vertical to the surface, or close to it. This works better in wood like sitka where the trees are very large and less well in wood like red or Appalachian spruce where the trees now available are often quite small. Runout refers to another form of grain, which must run parallel to the flat plane of the wood. This is best achieved by splitting billets out of the log, rather than cutting them. Both of these conditions are highly desirable, even essential to quality instruments. In brief, they contribute to a high strength to weight ratio. This is important since strength is necessary to resist the pull of the strings and weight (mass) is an "evil" as it will dampen the tone of the instrument. Fortunately, there are now a good number of suppliers who are very knowledgeable about how to cut guitar wood. As a result, the quality available today is the best it has been in my career."

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
She also plays Guilds that need to be plugged in.

uVaqeD.jpg

I'm all acoustic so I'll let someone in the know ID this one.
I can see just a bit of Chesterfield. so.... :unsure:

Joe

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like a X-170 to me. Can't quite make out the truss rod cover though.:hypnotysed: On the other hand it could be the "Tight Black Pants" model as that is what seems to be drawing more of my attention in the picture.:playful:

guildman63

Reaction score
Based on the bridge and what I am guessing is a Florentine cutaway, my guess is its a Starfire II. As I look at the truss rod cover, which is very blurry, it does look like an X at the beginning.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The "electric" shot is from the cover of one of the Guild Guitar Magazines from the 90's.

walrus

guildman63

Reaction score
I also discovered that prior to her very successful musical career she worked in rehabilitation therapy as I do. So let me summarize... Deana plays Guild guitars, I play Guild guitars. Deana has a degree in rehabilitation therapy, I have a degree in rehabilitation therapy. Deana knows how to play her Guilds, I own several Guilds. Sounds like a perfect match to me!

guildman63

Reaction score
Amen to that! But she can play my AP's any time! If you see her performing with an AP I have swept her off her feet and off the market. Of course Wikipedia says she is once again single, so it must be true. :highly_amused:

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
I also discovered that prior to her very successful musical career she worked in rehabilitation therapy as I do. So let me summarize... Deana plays Guild guitars, I play Guild guitars. Deana has a degree in rehabilitation therapy, I have a degree in rehabilitation therapy. Deana knows how to play her Guilds, I own several Guilds. Sounds like a perfect match to me!
Why aren't you two together, already?