Orpheum sighting, and a good band.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of the kids from work linked to a song by a group called Band of Horses. Didn't know them. The song was old.... like, from 2007. But it really struck me and sounded SUPER good. This is not that song. But the roomie listened and linked me to THIS vid and as I'm watching it, I see A GUILD ORPHEUM!! How fun is that? Anyway, this song is "okay" .... but it has other aspects that I love. It's filmed at the Hollywood sign, and right above where I used to live, on Beachwood Canyon. I used to run up there and around Lake Hollywood where Mullholland Dam is and .... it's a really good spot in Los Angeles. And it also shows the Capitol Records building in Hollywood. Building is also known as the "House That Nat Built". Nat King Cole was the first artist signed to the "new" label, Capitol records..... and he made a BUNDLE for them and financed the building of that amazing structure. So there's a lot of things I like about this vid. The song gets a little tedious for me but..... you may like it.

Band of Horses - Heartbreak on the 101 (p.s. - the 101 is the Hollywood Freeway that runs through downtown LA)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's the song that HOOKED me.... I just love the flow of it. It's a really great song and reminiscent of a lot of the great songs of my youth. I just like it and you might love it too.

"Detlef Schrempf" (tell me what that means!!) by Band of Horses

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not in a position to search but I think LTG's Qvart sold a 70's S100 to a member of BOH and we have since spotted it in videos as well.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think that dude been playing that Orph for a few years now. Seen him before. Nice full sounding guitars.

merlin6666

Reaction score
A talented bunch for sure and I hope we will hear more of them. Too bad that they need the overstyled hipster image and overproduced sound (Hollywood sign video) which I think takes away some authenticity, but I guess that's what it takes to get noticed by the young crowd.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
See, merlin, I thought the SONG itself could have been better or maybe better arranged. The video was nice. It added some depth to what I felt was a rather lacking song...... but in this case the video couldn't carry the lackluster song. They have way better stuff. I did like the video for the personal connections... the song could have been better. Vocals were rough and screechy and.... well. nuff said.

Thanks guys for the FLASHBACK links..... I must not have been paying attention that minute. :encouragement:

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's probably their most popular song and also features the lovely S90:

Last edited: