impulsive purchase

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice. I'd want to see more pics of the case. My '71 has Guild badging on the outside, some cutaways inside that follow the body contour, the neck support a bit closer to the body and the container for 'stuff' in a different location. But my case was the OHSC in the beginning of 1972 which predates this bass so who knows?

Bridge is not original but is probably an improvement :)

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Bridge is not original but is probably an improvement

Hey Frono,

That bridge is original. By the time this bass was completed, the B-301/302 bass had been introduced and the Muller bridge that was the standard bridge for the new bass, was also used on the very few JS Basses that were still produced.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Interesting thanks Hans. Nice score DRC. Although you don't strike me as the type to make "impulse guitar purchases." Am I missing something? :emmersed:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Frono,

That bridge is original. By the time this bass was completed, the B-301/302 bass had been introduced and the Muller bridge that was the standard bridge for the new bass, was also used on the very few JS Basses that were still produced.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

OK. In the absence of a specific date I was thinking this was 74ish. I well recall the B301/2 hardware on at least one JS body circa 1977 but wasn't thinking this was that late. thanks.

hagmeat

Reaction score
Nice work DR.C Congrats !
The serial number is not that clear in the pics, but I agree with Hans, it`s most probably a bass from `77. You`re right Frono, those Muller
bridges are a vast improvement on the Hagstrom bridges. I replaced the Hagstrom bridge on my `74 JS2 with a Hipshot Supertone bridge.
The difference in sound and playability was quite remarkable. I think it looks much better too. I`ll post some pics one of these days.
Cheers