Lily, Flo or Jake?

CA-35

Reaction score

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Scotty!! Thanks for dropping in to share some humor! I have a couple of faves but I'm too whacked out on pain meds right now to even know my name. I'll think on it for a while..... :encouragement:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm too whacked out on pain meds right now

I presume that is because you are in some pain and not because abusing pain meds is your choice of recreation. Presuming the former I hope you heal quickly and get well soon.

As for commercials, I find GEICO seems to have writers with a sense of humor warped in my direction. But I'm not quite amused enough to search for links.

I do notice the Acura commercial cited above but not because of the driver, but the soundtrack. Of course I had not idea it was for Acura until Dos Corgis reminded me. Makes me wonder if the commercial is succeeding as a commercial.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh yeah, it's for pain control, frono. My recreational drug of choice is red wine. I had surgery on my heel last Tuesday and I'm laid up for a while. I've actually been able to cut WAY down on the pain meds already! Still, taking the Achilles tendon off the bone and then reattaching it is kinda creepy. On the proper medications, all the commercials are funny. :stupid:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
"Jake from State Farm" is tops for me. Even though it's been running for quite some time, I still get a kick out of it every time it airs.

....and, Tom, sorry to hear about the heel thing. OUCH! thats gotta suck, man. I pulled that tendon once, right there where it attaches to the heel, and I'm tellin' ya, I wouldn't want to go through that again. Fortunately, once it settled down, I haven't had a problem since.

Last edited:

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Sorry to here about your surgery and the on-going. At least you know the meds are working if you are willing to meditate on commercials.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Isn't that the damn truth!! LOL!! I'm good. I got a shower today..... I feel way more human now. Pascal, I haven't seen that one yet! Hysterical..... she's over it!!!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Humor is the only thing preventing commercials from being 100% annoying.
I love that one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsUWGublnk

One of my favorites, too. But lately it seems like television shows are mostly a stream of commercials (which generally suck) occasionally interrupted by some entertainment.

[Begin grumpy old guy rant]
I get especially annoyed when they run the same commercial two or three times in a row. What the heck is that about?
[End grumpy old guy rant]

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
One of my favorites, too. But lately it seems like television shows are mostly a stream of commercials (which generally suck) occasionally interrupted by some entertainment.
[Begin grumpy old guy rant]
I get especially annoyed when they run the same commercial two or three times in a row. What the heck is that about?
[End grumpy old guy rant]

Couldn't agree more Dave. That's why I use the DVR every chance I get. It's such a good feeling hitting the fast forward button over these hours of commercials.....

As to the repeats of same clips, I've seen that too. Guess it has something to do with contractual quotas (as in "I pay ya that much but ya gotta show my crap at least 3 times an hour") maybe?
Yes, very annoying.

CA-35

Reaction score
Pascal that Fed X commercial is priceless. Jake from State farm makes me laugh so hard I cry every time I see it. However, when Grant Hill gives his resume to Lily and she says "Oh, good for you" I lose it. Stone cold "good for you" to an NBA great is outstanding.

Tom sorry to hear about your foot. Heal fast.