NGD Picked This Up Locally Today 77 G212-NT

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I picked this guitar up today from a gentleman Locally. It was given to him new by his wife in 1977 as a gift. His words are that he was more of a Rock N Roller and really didn't care for a twelve string. Although he did know how to take care of his stuff. This guitar has never been tuned over a half a step down from standard E tuning and was played probably 3 hours total in the 38 years it had been in his ownership. I haven't even cleaned it yet as I am allowing it to acclimate to it's new surroundings first. I'll probably clean her up tomorrow and give her a new set of strings. She may need a slight truss rod adjustment as the guitar has never been setup before. I'll make sure to be extra careful with the Dual Truss rod setup. Haven't decide if I am going to keep this one or not but if I was ever looking for a "Like New" 77 G212-NT, I think I found one. Here are some pics of my new 1977 G212-NT for you guys.

pemLpK.jpg
kerObA.jpg
kHNnJH.jpg
zdquL3.jpg
kRRP60.jpg
482Hxx.jpg
TEI0oJ.jpg
BgI8Hf.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks mighty clean as it is TX. Great score!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome find. Good story too. 3 hrs in 38 years. Cool!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It does looks brand new Walrus. Sounds Awesome with 38 Year old strings on it so I can only imagine what it will sound like with new ones. The original case also had Strings and Packages from 77 as well as a bottle of Guild Guitar Cleaner from the same time. I must say though, My favorite part was the 1977 Gold Le-mat Chain mail and tan leather guitar strap! I'll have to get a pic of that for everyone.:tongue-new:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, bumper! That's clean as a whistle. I'll bet it's gonna sound amazing with some new strings. Congrats! It's like time capsule guitar!! :encouragement:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to spend some time with it today. Virtuoso Cleaner and polish Applied. Very light grain Steel Wool on the frets and fret board did a great job of shining the frets and removing 38 years of gunk. Generous application of Bore Oil on the bridge and Fret board. New set of D'addario EXP38 Phosphor Bronze lights and a few 1/4 turns on the truss rods. This baby plays like Buttah!! Action is great at Standard Tuning with no buzzing or fret outs. Intonation spot on. Still has the full saddle height for further adjustments in the future should it need it. Only thing I found is a very light scratch in the head stock clear coat from a previous string change, Other than that it looks brand new. I'm going to play it for a couple of days before I decide if I'm going to keep it or not. If I don't Keep it I will definitely let the LTG family have first dibs on her. Thanks for all the responses and I will get some "clean" Pics of her up soon!:rugby:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here are the Cleaned Up Pics, Last Ones have The Gold Le Mat Chain mail 70's Rockstar Strap that came in the case.:stupid:

6UXPS4.jpg
tsXG6h.jpg
S0rMsJ.jpg
SBQGug.jpg
Lew20p.jpg
MgbEmf.jpg

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe, Just picked it up this morning and it Rings like a combination of a Grand Piano and a Church Bell.:tongue-new: