Orpheum with carved heel!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gorgeous banjo Terry, congrats! I think it would be a shame to convert that to a five string, just start playing "Has Anybody Seen My Gal" and "Melancholy Baby" and have fun.

tjmangum

Reaction score
Nope, it will stay as it is. Even the action is good on it. Besides, this whole 5 string Bluegrass banjo thing is just a passing fad. Earl only used 3 fingers because he kept dropping his flat pick!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That is Amazing! One of my favorite periods in instrument/Automobile design is the 20's through the 30's. The Art deco style of the head stock combined with the wood inlays on the back of the neck transfering into the Carved heel is just Breathtaking! Congrats on a Beautiful Find!

tjmangum

Reaction score
That is Amazing! One of my favorite periods in instrument/Automobile design is the 20's through the 30's. The Art deco style of the head stock combined with the wood inlays on the back of the neck transfering into the Carved heel is just Breathtaking! Congrats on a Beautiful Find!
Thanks! I'm a mediocre guitar player and even worse at banjo, but these things, to me, are pieces of art. I'll figure out some tunes on it, but I think the artistry and styling makes it all worth while. How could this have survived in this condition so long?

Last edited:

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
I concur with everyone... That is really spectacular!!!
I agree. What a beautiful instrument to have and enjoy. What a wonderful, magic find.
Glad she found her way to you Terry!
Congrats, and yes indeed, Enjoy! :love-struck:

Ps, Yes, You fooled me with the threads intro. I thought Ren may have had 'one or two' carved heels revived as a tester. Y'got me!