BOTH SIDES NOW: Lefty Guitars -- A Trifling Observation

wileypickett

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this on another post recently, but thought I'd post pictures on a new thread.

This is a Lefty D15 from 1989 that I had my luthier Pete Maricle convert to a Righty a few years ago.

I was playing it recently and suddenly realized that the side-of-the-neck fretmarker dots, which I'd never given a thought to because they were in their normal spot on top of the neck, should be on the bottom, since the guitar was now being played "flipped over."

I flipped it back and discovered it has fretmarker dots on BOTH sides of the neck.

So, however Guild changed the body construction for their LH models, they apparently fabricated their necks in the same fashion and then added fret-positon dots to the other side of the necks for the LH models.

I suppose this bit of not-exactly-astonishing news falls under the heading of "trifle," but, to quote Sherlock Holmes, "It is, of course, a trifle, but there is nothing so important as trifles."

LH>RH_side_dots1.jpg

LH>RH_side_dots2.jpg

Glenn

Just_Guild

Reaction score
I like trifles they are very tasty! Ok, but trifles is what makes the world interesting, don't you think? Thanks for sharing.

Ronald Reagan

Reaction score
When I play behind my back or head I find fret markets on both top and bottom to come in handy