NGD (bass)!

Smitch

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Scored this cool '87 Pilot (thanks Guilds of Grot) as I was asked to play bass in a band. I'm the classic guitar player playing bass but I'm gonna give it my best shot and it gives me a reason to buy another Guild! Luckily it made it here intact as the jackass amateur that sold it basically took a tiny layer of cardboard and wrapped it around the original hardshell case for shipping. A real testament to the build quality of Guild and Guild cases that it made it here undamaged. I've had more than one guitar show up with a broken neck, but thankfully not this time. The additional bonus is that this bad boy is in Kansas City Royals Blue!

MpBJv3.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice! Love the blue! And anything involving Grot and a pilot bass is a good thing. Enjoy!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations Smitch! I love my maple pair, and just played my fretless at a gig last night. Best bang for the buck basses out there, period.

7955503096_efcb1081cf_b.jpg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! I have one coming in on Tuesday. More Pilots for the fold.

Smitch

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm really stoked about this new Guild and the new low rumble...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice. If I considered color a reason to upgrade my Pilot, that would be the color. I live in fear that Guild will fly against tradition and make a Newark Street Starfire bass in a similar blue.

And remember the bass player is usually the worst guitar player in the band so you have nowhere to go but up.

:)

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Smitch, glad I could answer some of your questions and help you descend into "The Deep End"!

My band NIGHT SHIFT played a gig last Friday and we had them dancing the whole night. I don't think they were dancing to the guitars!

Please let us know how it goes with the band.

Sandy, very impressed you played the fretless at a gig. Don't think I could ever be that brave.