Vocal coaching

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
My wife and I were watching a David Bowie Live "A Reality Tour" dvd from 2003 in Dublin. I was lucky enough to see the same tour later over here.

"Under Pressure" was/is so phenomenal. The original is better, but this one was pretty righteous.

Under Pressure stresses the top end of my vocal range, but at the age of 62 it inspires me to go, once again, to get some help from a vocal coach.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
In the days of my youth I could handle Immigrant Song at pitch which needed a high C, IIRC. For whatever reason - and out of deference to Joe, I won't call it age - I can't do that anymore and indeed, need to plan for my high A's.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Starting a post about "Immigrant Song" with "In the days of my youth" is very nice, frono!

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Starting a post about "Immigrant Song" with "In the days of my youth" is very nice, frono!

walrus

He comes from the land of the ice and snow, where he was told what it means to be a man.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I saw Phil Lesh, who is well into his 70's, play at the Capitol Theater 5 days ago, and also in Central Park over the summer...and he is sounding as good, or better, than ever. He has even had a liver transplant, i believe. Here's a shot of Phil with his Guild bass from the year 2000. Try telling that guy he is old, in his mind he wouldnt even be alive if not for an organ donor, so it is like he has started over and feels quite young. he does a speech at every show before the last song, about it.

INw0fr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]