Pilot serial number not found

Reaction score
Hi guys, New here and have a question for the gurus.

I've got a Guild pilot 4 string, red flamed maple, gold hardware and active EMG's that I bought new somewhere around '94-'96. I got bored and decided to look up the serial number (BE 104485) and it doesn't show up on any of the lists that I've stumbled across.

My question is, is this an oddball,or am I just reading the charts wrong?

I'm not sure how to add a pic, but I'll try to get it right.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
pics for previous post- pilot serial #

Hope this works.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, capt. caveman. I merged your two threads together here, but unfortunately your IMG links for your pictures are wrong (good try, keep at it!). You have to host the pictures on another site and then you can link to them.

You can view what you do by creating a post and using the preview button to see if it's done correctly.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capt caveman said:
I've got a Guild pilot 4 string, red flamed maple, gold hardware and active EMG's that I bought new somewhere around '94-'96. I got bored and decided to look up the serial number (BE 104485) and it doesn't show up on any of the lists that I've stumbled across.

My question is, is this an oddball,or am I just reading the charts wrong?

Hello capt caveman,

Welcome! What you have is a Guild Pro 4, which was a somewhat updated, slightly fancier version of the former regular Pilot bass.
Your guitar is from the very end of 1993, but I actually think that it was completed during the early months of 1994.

Good luck with the photos!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
pics of my Pilot

IMG_20141229_191711_zps9fcd230c.jpg
IMG_20141229_192130_zps4451721b.jpg

Here she is. The wood detail doesn't really show well, but it is really nice. This thing is so easy to play, I love it. My brother borrowed it to record a demo and it was a chore to get him to give it back, he wouldn't even pick up his Fender while he had the Guild.

Thanks for the info, that is kind of what I thought but was not sure of.