A biologist a chemist and a statistician go hunting...

poser

Reaction score
A biologist a chemist and a statistician go deer hunting. They see a deer. The biologist shoots first. His shot is five to the left of the deer. The chemist shoots and misses by five feet to the right. The statistician yells, "We got it!"

poser

Reaction score
Ha,ha. Your comments suit that joke to a "t". :culpability:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ha,ha. Your comments suit that joke to a "t". :culpability:

Or even to a "D"...

3704781bb6941415dc233c51ba5b8d04.png

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Ahhh, a delta blues reference.

' Strang

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Then there was the statitician who drowned trying to walk through a river with an average depth of 4 feet.

LOL. I knew that guy. He was rather dull, but he had his moments.

I mean, this was the guy who could draw a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

He never had to say he was certain about anything. Being the kind of fellow he was, his fiancé finally asked him to marry her. He failed to reject her.

He didn’t think much of himself. He would say that statisticians are people who like figures but don't have the personality skills to become accountants.

He would often pine, “If you are the one out of million kind of guy, there are still tens of thousands just like you!”

Surprisingly, he was something of an extrovert. He would look at your shoes while talking to you.

He was convinced statistics played a role in genetics and that he could prove numbers of offspring was an inherited trait. He would say, “If your parents didn’t have any kids, odds are that you won’t, either!”

Last edited:

ladytexan

Reaction score
My two favorite statistician quotes:

Being a statistician means never having to say you are certain.

Achieving six sigma is probable.

Thanks for posting the joke, Jerry! Made me smile on a misty, drizzly day. :happy: