If you wanted a simple acoustic amp... ?

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
Among the players I know that have the Artist, I don't know one of them who is unhappy.
Chris, you can add me to this group.

Selection in music stores here is quite limited. I've never seen an Ultrasound here, but I'd like to.
I wanted to buy and played a Fishman Loudbox mini and liked it a lot … then I tried the Fishman Loudbox Artist and I'm still very happy with it. (For two years now.)
One of the major pros for the artist are the 2 full channels with phantom power (for condenser mics like my AKG C1000s and C414 or some preamps). Sound is flexible and more than big enough for me, and the effects section is nice used subtly.
The places I use it are my home and our church mainly.

Markus :smile:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Loudbox Mini, which I use at home with my Songbird, and which I've taken out a couple of times (my rorkplace has an annual talent show at which the "sound guy" doesn't really know what he's doin--not that I really do eitherg). It sounds great and is surprisingly loud for such a small box.

Neal

Reaction score
I found a used Ultrasound AG-30 for $109 at a Guitar Center, shipped for $25. Really can't lose at that price. I just hope it has enough power for an occasional loud party. But I did not want any effects, nor did I need a second channel for vocals.

Neal

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I ended up getting an Ultrasound AG-15. The smallest amp they make. I didn't need the extra channels and watts, to be honest. It was a used one at a GC for 50 bucks. In the noisy store, it wasn't sure about the tone, but when I got it home, it got plenty loud and plenty deep enough for my 12 string. I even plugged my NS Archtop into it, for fun. Not as much bass at the 110 watt, twin 10" Randall amp, but it didn't sound bad at all. It just needs a touch of reverb for a more jazzy application.