Anyone pick up a new Aristocrat? Anyone know the plan for Guild electrics post sale?

jcwu

Reaction score
I think I need to stop reading forums and find the limits of the instrument in my lap, based on my skill level or lack there of, and ignore reviews from folks who are a lot more experienced and demanding.

Right there with you, buddy.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Define "pro". I've made most of my living the last twenty years of my life with my guitar in hand, whether it was gigging/touring, teaching, working in a guitar store, etc...

More than half of the time, the guitar in question was an early 60's Hoboken Guild archtop.

I'm going to split hairs here but from my experience around people who play in orchestras, opera houses and military service bands I do think it is appropriate to distinguish between (say) a professional guitarist and a professional musician whose primary instrument is guitar. If I needed to define the term I would say the professional instrumentalist derived the vast majority of their income (85% or more) from playing the instrument and only taught because they wanted to and not because they wanted or needed more money. I think the distinction is relavent because there is the potential for different requirements for an instrument.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe a read more of a negative slant on this review,

Point noted but I find discussions of "tone" to be so subjective that I discount them in terms of positive or negative. Some days I can't even find the words to describe the tone of the NS Starfire in comparison to my 67 and those are instruments I have logged a lot of playing time on. And some days I put the NS back in the case because I can't get the tone I want from it.

NYWolf

Reaction score
Good points. Indeed, I can only criticize the acoustic response and tone of my NS x175. The build, and especially playability is really good IMO, and I have no complaints after almost 2 years of solid gigging, and I dont babysit my guitars, mind you:laughing: so there you go, some positive things needed to be said on my side.

Last edited: