Need Advice On Finding a F512/F412

Neal

Reaction score
Next rule of LTG to learn is...

We live for photos of other members' new Guilds, so when your's arrives, snap a few, post to photobucket, copy the direct link and enter it into a new NGD thread using the Insert Image icon on the toolbar (tree in frame).

Somehow, I think we have collectively convinced ourselves that if we see other people's guitars, then we won't feel compelled to buy one just like it...or something like that.

Neal

Neal

Reaction score
Oh, and the F-512 is to a Yamaha 12 what an F-18 is to a commuter jet.

Be prepared to own one of the two best 12-strings on the planet (a nod also going to the maple F-412).

Neal

etzeppy

Reaction score
The eagle has landed. Everything was packed safely and arrived without incident. It took 5 minutes to find the "B-Stock" issue, which I was very happy about. She looks great and sounds like a grand piano. This is an impressive beast. I will post photos soon.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... Somehow, I think we have collectively convinced ourselves that if we see other people's guitars, then we won't feel compelled to buy one just like it...or something like that.

Hmm... interesting theory, Neal, but hasn't quite panned out that way. ;) I think we all just like to share in that NGD experience.

Etz, congrats! IMO you're starting at the top. That's how I did it too, and I've never once regretted it.

Reaction score
Hello & Greetings to all at LTG! I am new to the forum & have been enjoying all the interesting threads. I have an unusual question. A couple years ago I bought an F-412 from a local dealer in my small hometown that was supposed to be a NOS (new old stock). It was made in Tacoma, late 2005. It had NO PICKGUARD!? Recently a friend said he thought it might be a 'pre-production' model as they had just started to make Guilds in Washington in early 2005. Does anyone have a thought or input on this? Any info would be sincerely appreciated! Thanks!

Neal

Reaction score
Does it have a serial number, or just a blank space on the label where it should be? If it is blank, then most likely it was a Tacoma prototype.

Neal