Paula Cole, singer songwriter

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Last night, on a whim, Margarita and I went to the Sellersville Theater (Sellersville, PA) for Paula Cole in concert. What a great evening, terrifically talented singer songwriter in a wonderful setting. Have not been there in a long time, had drinks and snacks before the show at the Washington House, and coffee after.

Paula is touring after a long hiatus. You would recognize many of her songs, especially if you listen to WXPN. Just her on piano (a little guitar) and a guitar accompanist, in a very intimate setting. What a voice and what songs.

Here's a link:

http://paulacole.com/

cole4-1b311bd8805cc2f8d9fd10ac5df3265c51798a78-s6-c30.jpg

houseisland

Reaction score
I was always confused as to why a lot of music critics did not like her. In the end if you dug down between the lines of their reviews, you had to conclude that they did not like her because she could actually, really sing in a technically accomplished manner - her voice betraying signs of actual vocal training - OMG! Knowing what she is doing! Knowing what she can do with her voice without damaging it. No! No! No! (Sarcasm here in case you missed it) Weird.

But yes, she is great. My daughter in particular LOVED her.

I have only had the opportunity to see her once. She was in Peter Gabriel's line up for the Us tour. It was an extremely fine show, one of best blendings of music, lyrics, stage craft, and theatre I have ever seen. She was in the company of some amazingly talented musicians, and she shone brightly among them. I thought she did a better job than Sinead O'Connor did in the studio with Gabriel.

I envy your experience but without the malice of jealousy. :wink:

Just_Guild

Reaction score
I was always confused as to why a lot of music critics did not like her. In the end if you dug down between the lines of their reviews, you had to conclude that they did not like her because she could actually, really sing in a technically accomplished manner - her voice betraying signs of actual vocal training - OMG! Knowing what she is doing! Knowing what she can do with her voice without damaging it. No! No! No! (Sarcasm here in case you missed it) Weird.

But yes, she is great. My daughter in particular LOVED her.

I have only had the opportunity to see her once. She was in Peter Gabriel's line up for the Us tour. It was an extremely fine show, one of best blendings of music, lyrics, stage craft, and theatre I have ever seen. She was in the company of some amazingly talented musicians, and she shone brightly among them. I thought she did a better job than Sinead O'Connor did in the studio with Gabriel.

I envy your experience but without the malice of jealousy. :wink:

I would tend to agree with you. A trained musician/vocalist (Berklee grad and still teaches there). The music business is very hard on so many who really work to improve their craft and talent. Plus, she is not you "typical" pretty female vocalist, nor does she shake her can or expose herself to TV cameras. Humble living in Rockport Mass. Yup, I agree.