"Ask Ren" on Guild web site

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I just got an email asking me to re-register for the Guild web site, and they are promoting "Ask Ren" section, which looks pretty cool! I apoloogize if this has posted, but I could not find it.

http://guildguitars.com/askren/

walrus

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! (Although ironic that they only asked two questions of him themselves, one of them about cooking, and yet go on to say:
Please note: We know Ren has had an extensive career in the industry, but we’d appreciate it if you keep your questions Guild related. We reserve any right to remove any questions or comments that are inappropriate.
Ummm...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
M20? Well that is the 20 version of my D25BR. Oh sweet. That would make my Guild life complete.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
just posted a question re D25 Arched and the D40.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You obviously are not using Facebook! If you would see some of the stupid comments there you would know why it is necessary to make such a disclaimer... (But I agree that the cooking question was not helping much...)
Ralf

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No, the M-20 is not a dreadnaught. The M-20 is a Concert sized small body.
Ralf

I know that. I wrote poorly, sorry Ralf. I meant to say the M20 would be the smaller bodied version of my D25BR. it would complete me etc....:)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You obviously are not using Facebook! If you would see some of the stupid comments there you would know why it is necessary to make such a disclaimer... (But I agree that the cooking question was not helping much...)
Ralf

totally. fortunately I turned the Ask Ren Guild idea around with my question about an arched back D25. For clearly, everyone wants to know about that one :)...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
If my memory serves the M20 was the first guitar model made in Westerly during then time when Hoboken was ramping down and Westerly was ramping up. It was selected because of its relative simplicity to make and viewed as helping train folks who knew wood and woodwork but not necessarily guitars. If I had Hans' book at my fingertips I wouldn't have to rely on my memory and the story would be even more accurate :)

NYWolf

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I left a question too. Really hope they are gonna resume making hollowbody electrics, and hopefully with HB-1 too! Or at least, do the same NS line but in USA. They mentioned that they read forums, so here!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ralf
What's a Facebook?

Neal

Reaction score
Don't be too shocked if that little Oxnard M-20 comes with a great big price tag.

Hope I'm wrong. I'd love to own one. Short scale, I presume.

Neal

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Don't be too shocked if that little Oxnard M-20 comes with a great big price tag.

Hope I'm wrong. I'd love to own one. Short scale, I presume.

Neal

Good point. Bummer.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well. Bet it's small sounding. Or are they a great finger picking machine? I mean were they?

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
24 3/4" would be the vintage correct scale for the M-20.
Ralf

I think there were some later Westerly M20s that were 1 11/16" nut and standard scale. I'm pretty sure the very late Westerly "reissue" M20 that I got for Scratch was that way. Hans might chime in and clarify this.

Well. Bet it's small sounding. Or are they a great finger picking machine? I mean were they?

Most of them sound small to me, and small guitars really aren't my thing. My old '93 "prototype" F20 (also 1 11/16 and 25.5 IIRC with an arch back) was probably the best of the '20 series Guilds that I've played, at least to my ears.