Ngd gf25

keith7940236

Reaction score
I was trying to decide between a new Standard D40 and this really cool old GF25
Here is the winner:

This baby still rings. It has what appears to be a laminated arched back that really directs the volume.
She is just starting to sink a little above the sound hole, but with a little trim of the saddle and a little lowering of the nut, I think it will be just fine.
Really happy with this decision, because now I can start my quest for the D-40 of my dreams!!!

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice! Looks like a great choice.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, had no idea Guild made an F25. Looks superb. Great burst. Looks like a finger style monster.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Allow me to reminisce.....here's my former GF25 (L) with my F112-6 for comparison.

GReEI2.png

I'm hoping to get the GF back one day. Great little Guild. :friendly_wink:

Joe

keith7940236

Reaction score
I put a new set of Phosphor Bronze 12's on her and she sounded OK, but didn't ring like I thought she would. I just put a set of 80/20 bronze 12's and man what a glorious sound! I think that with the mahogany and lack of excessive overtones, it can handle the bright strings. I love the sound of this guitar. The funny thing is (well maybe not so funny) that I have spent tons of money on much more expensive instruments that didn't come anywhere near the sound of this humble guitar.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The GF25 is one of my favorite Guilds. Congrats and let me know if you ever decide to part with it.