Ryles Jazz Club, Cambridge, MA...

guildman63

Reaction score
On Sunday, October 5 i will be performing at Ryles, in Cambridge, MA. I recently joined a beginner jazz ensemble through the John Payne Music Center, and on Sunday we perform in a battle of the bands event that should be interesting. The first group begins at 2:50, and my group begins at 4:40. We will be playing the following:

Blue Seven
Basin Street Blues
Cry Me a River
My Little Suede Shoes
Softly as in a Morning Sunrise

I haven't yet decided on which guitar I will use, but will take requests.

AP AA
AP X500
GSR Starfire

If in the area stop in to check out a nice Guild Guitar, and to heckle as appropriate. :cower:

By the way, there will be an audio recording of the performance, and hopefully the quality will give a good representation of the guitars tone.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I vote for the X500! Good luck, and have fun - Ryles is a great club!

walrus

guildman63

Reaction score
I vote for the X500! Good luck, and have fun - Ryles is a great club!

walrus

Walrus,

Either you are the only one interested in hearing either guitar in a live setting, or you are the only person who is interested in jazz. Either way, since you chimed in with X-500, X-500 it is!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, I've been to Ryles, and in fact played a few songs there as part of a "faculty/student" group several years ago. Used a '98 SFIV. I'm sure your X-500 will sound sweet!

walrus

edwin

Reaction score
Hope the gig went well! I used to go to Ryles all the time. Saw some great shows there, including a couple with Pat Metheny playing with his brother, Mike, and Steve Swallow on bass. Randy Roos was also a treat in that room. I seem to recall playing there a couple of times as well.