Lazyass question

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm no mgod, but IIRC, in the early 80s, when Jack and Jorma reunited after their "hiatus", Jack picked up a B50 or B30. Then he found the Les Paul HB Sig that inspired the Casady Sig. I haven't seen him play anything but his sig since it was issued by Epi .

The video I am thinking of is almost certainly a B50 and not a B30 but it could be 80's rather than 90's. Thanks for the clarification.

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
Last edited:

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Missed Woodstock but caught some early shows. I also attended the 1989 JA Reunion show at Radio City. Loved it. Loved the CD as well. Just because I love them all, but especially when they played together.

If I take off my bass player's hat, my fav Airplaner is Paul Kantner. In fact, I'm probably the only one here who prefers the "romantic side" of the Airplane, Balin, Kantner & Slick, over the Hot Tuna side.

Last edited:

Happy Face

Reaction score
2nd Starfire, Showman preamps into Mac 3500, though the sound on his solo is mostly the Versatone.

Finally watching some video tonight. On the rooftop show, there's a mess of Showman amps. Plus some Sunn gear. What you'd expect if you were a west coast band back then. But there does seem to be that Versatone peeking out. :)

Happy Face

Reaction score
Just to show that I do like Hot Tuna as well. Taken last night.

And two years ago.

Last edited: