Now a proud Guild owner. GAD D-140CE NAT Dreadnaught Cutaway

Reaction score
Can't believe the deal I got on Ebay for this new baby! Any suggestions on care, setup or use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

geoguy

Reaction score
Congrats, & welcome to LTG.

Setup is always to suit your own tastes . . . here's a link to one on-line setup guide (lengthy):

http://gretschpages.com/news/mals-big-guide-guitar-setup-and-troubleshooting/

Even if you don't do your own setups, knowing more about the steps involved may facilitate communication with your favorite guitar repair-person.

RE: care, I would just wipe the guitar down with a soft cloth after playing. At most you could dampen that cloth lightly with water.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome, Caz! Congrats on the new guitar. I'll echo geoguy. Setup is important but also dependent on your playing style. Some come from the factory (or previous owners) set up just fine. If you don't find it lacking or difficult to play, you may be okay. All will become clear the more you play it. And as for care, as mentioned above, just keep it clean. This guitar comes with a polyurethane finish. It's really durable. If it's really dirty, you can give it a good cleaning. Damp soft cloth wipe down, followed by a similar cloth dry for polish. There's really no need to use tons of products and polishes on a guitar like this. Or ANY guitar, really. Maybe once a year you could lighty condition the fretboard when the strings are off during a restring. Don't over do it. There are several products out there that are good. Avoid anything with silicone. Silicone is BAD. Also, I see you're in Mississippi so keeping it humidified shouldn't be a problem. Heating and cooling suck moisture from the air like crazy, so maybe get a hygrometer to monitor the level of humidity where your guitar is stored. You may be faced with TOO MUCH humidity. Ideal is between 40-60% RH.

Mostly play and enjoy. As Joe mentioned, we do love photos here. It's a bit tricky to post them, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad. Congrats!! :encouragement: