CE100-D replacement bridge

Reaction score
Hey all. First post. Here goes.
So I've had a 1967 CE100-D for a little over a year, and I'm very fond of the guitar. Recently, though, I've felt the tone could be a little more "electric." It has a rosewood bridge, and I wonder if a metal bridge could accomplish this. Do there exist any metal bridges that would fit a CE-100D? Where can I find one? Thanks.

Aristocrater

Reaction score
Get a Gibson ABR-1 aka tun-o-matic bridge for it, you may also need to get the base. Check Antique Electronic Supply on the web if you local guitar store doesn't carry them. You'll be able to set your intonation besides getting different tone. Would like to hear if you like the change it makes. This is a good mod to try as it is completely reversible.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Stew Mac sells a pretty nice Gotoh tune-a-matic on a rosewood base for not too much money. If you're not experienced with that stuff yourself, take the guitar to a luthier/tech - the bridge base will need to be adapted to the guitar's top arch, and the saddles in the bridge need notching for your preferred string gauge, and the radius adjusted to match the guitar's fretboard.

Post a good sideways pic of your guitar if you can - some CE100's have such a low neck angle that the typical tune-a-matic base + bridge is too tall. In that case, you might need to get a base made.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

jcwu

Reaction score
I had bought the StewMac bridge for my T100, but I didn't know how to (nor did I have the guts to try to) notch the saddles, so I ended up selling it. I bought a Guild-branded tune-o-matic, along with some feet like on the Aristocrat, and voila!

Where did I get this idea from? The previous owner of my CE-100D did just the thing to it. :)

Reaction score
I guess modifying an ABR is not a bad idea. I think the CE-100s with Bigsbys had metal bridges, though, and I thought it would be nice to have a bridge that fit the guitar right away. (This is assuming that the Gibson bridge would require modification. It would, right?)
JCWU: where did you find this Guild bridge?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Flatnine, The original aluminum bridges that came with the bigsby equipped guitars like the starfires actually make the tone on my hollowbodies brighter, almost like an acoustic sparkle. If you have a bigsby on your CE100-D I would highly recommend a roller tune-o-matic bridge. I have had my Luthier use the Allparts Brand versions on three of my archtops. They make 2 different styles that have different depth measurements to them. One is low profile for the low neck guitars and the other is a little thicker for high neck options. If I am not mistaken you can find one with the same pin width measurements as your original base. They normally run around $30-$50 at the guitar shop and I am sure you can find them cheaper online. They come in all different finishes from Chrome to Gold to brushed,etc... I find They actually create more sustain with a bit darker electric tone. I run mine with both Round wound and Flat wound strings and they work perfect. Guitars always stay in tune and intonation is perfect everytime.