Guild S100C Before and After Resto

lilpendragon

Reaction score
Greetings! A little over a year ago I came to this group for help to get parts for an old S100C that had been torn to bits by previous owners over the years. A few members actually sent me parts for very cheap in order to try and save this thing so I wanted to say thank you for that. Here are some before and after photos of this thing. We didn't do a full factory restore because this thing will never look factory again, so we thought we'd give it its own identity and keep the character of this old survivor. I picked this thing up as a parts guitar off ebay as a gift for my friend and we've just gotten it back from the shop. We're actually probably going to ditch the silver pick guard in favor of a black or clear one when one pops up. Here it is!

After unpacking. Thing was totally stripped, fret markers pulled out and no hardward to be found except for the bridge pup

How it looks today

Work:
*Hardware needed- knobs, bridge, tailpiece, neck pup (neck pup snatched from DeArmond S-73)
*Headstock had a busted cover and had to be totally reworked, logo had been scooped out, tross rod cover also busted and replaced
*All fret markers had to be put in the empty holes
*Pick guard was missing so one was made (we are on the look out for a black one)
*Finish was given some much needed polish and clear coated for protection, was able to get several scratches out
*One of the horns had the finish sanded off so that was touched up and smoothed out

Things that surprisingly did not need work
*Frets were all fine, not heavily worn
*No warping on this guitar to be found
*Bridge pickup works perfect, very high output

Big thank you to Mr. Terry Turley for helping us save this thing. Does anyone happen to know how many factory walnut S100Cs are floating around out there? You guys are awesome!

Last edited:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
+1!

Looks like the newest S-100's might be shipping with reissue HB-1s, so maybe one of those can be subbed in for the DeA at some later time.

Great job on the rescue!

Reaction score
Very nice guitar and great save. It is good to see another one saved as opposed to all the ones we see parted out. I know how much I like my 1973 S100SC and I am sure you will enjoy yours.
Thanks John

Maxer

Reaction score
Nice work. Great to see that baby rockin' some fresh mojo. I agree that the silver guard ought to go. My vote would be for the clear one. In any case, well done!

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats on saving one. Love those carved tops!