3 Guilds Stolen in the Kennebunk County Maine area

beanbass

Reaction score

1973 D25M Serial 79337
1987 D30 = D300079
DV52 = EK100318

the 30 and 52 are both wired with dual source bridgeplate/saddle pickups that are capable of running in stereo.

Last edited:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Heartbreaking. I hope they can be recovered.

beanbass

Reaction score
These were not mine. They belong to a friend of a friend who posted it on facebook. He asked that we spread the word and I didn't see it here, so I felt like I should post it.

Geotrio

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Posting about this theft on the LTG is important in a possible recovery. I had two Ovations stolen back in 2011. Someone recommended putting up a post on the Ovation Fan Club site. It worked. A sharp eyed member spotted one of my guitars (a '67 Deluxe Balladeer that belonged to my Dad) on craigslist! That led right to the criminals and recovery of both guitars.

I'm sure many of the members here will keep an eye out for these guitars. Very sorry to hear about this and good luck to the owner.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You can register stolen guitars with retail dealers somehow. Recently some stolen guitars in Connecticut turned up at Sam ash in Long Island and they knew exactly what they were and called the cops immediatly. Awful news good luck to your peeps in getting them back!

idealassets

Reaction score
As an owner of 5 Guild guitars, I am very interested in knowing how and when were these guitars stolen? Hopefully the information could result in fewer opportunities for future thieves.

Thank you,
Craig

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A Guild D25 was stolen in Weatherford a month or so ago. think it was a 1973...what is up with the Westerly Guild thievery?