Mork has left the planet

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Robin Williams was found dead in his home this morning.
God bless ye Robin, we hardly knew ye.
That's all I can say right now.
:grief:
From Huffington Post:

Susan Schneider, the actor's wife, released the following statement to the New York Times' Dave Itzkoff:

"This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one if its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope that the focus will not be on Robin's death but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

Amen to that.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Really sad news. Robin was always one of my favorites :(

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Having recovered a wee bit, I remember a conversation I had with a co-worker about 10 years ago, running down what an impressive list of accomplishments he had even then.
2 of my favorites are barely remembered:
I'd just seen "Popeye" on cable and realized how much study he must have put into capturing every little nuance of the original Fleischer animations, especially the sailor's grumpy under-his-breath mumblings.
"Hook" was a mgnificent re-work of the Peter Pan myth.
But for me, his breakout role was as Adrian Cronauer in "Good Morning Viet Nam".
Cryin' again. Gotta go.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Robin Williams

In August of 1971--possibly on August 11--I saw a mesmerizing street mime in Sausalito--an occasion I've always remembered as one of the most joyous of my life. A few years later, I saw him again on TV as Mork.

guildman63

Reaction score
It's too bad he chose to go out the way he did. He had some demons, but he was so funny, and a pretty good serious actor when he wanted to be.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I liked " What Dreams may come" but it is hardly ever mentioned in his list.

I don't know if his internal demons brought on the drug or alcohol abuse or it was the other way around. It's a real shame, either way. I don't know if there will ever be as good an improve comedian since both he and Johnathan Winters have left the building.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know if there will ever be as good an improve comedian since both he and Johnathan Winters have left the building.

Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters had a singular ability to crack up Johnny Carson. There are some hilarious YouTube clips with either or both laying waste to Johnny.

I was always afraid that if both spent too much time in the same room, some weird form of a runaway comedic fusion reaction would cause the world to end in a rapidly expanding cloud of hysterically-laughing-until-they're-crying ions.

His talent was great and his demons that give him his talent were greater.

Last edited:

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Suicides leaves me speechless. I will never understand the pain and desperation of one who takes his own life; therefore I don't judge. I loved him I think mostly because there was love in everything he did. RIP.

Peace

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh Man! This is really heart breaking.
In my younger and thinner days, I seemed to bear an uncanny resemblance to Robin.
Not only was he tremendously talented, but many ladies thought he was seriously good looking too. AND thank you for that, MORK!