D25 made in corona, bridge pin size and original saddle material

Reaction score
I'm new in here.
I bought a D25 guitar made in Corona.
I want to change original brige pins to bone material. However every pins I have, not fit on my D25
I think I should buy a smaller set.

Anyone know what size for it? 1.3? Or Simillar to seagull guitar?
Which website can I order bone pins fits on my D25? Should I make custom order?

One more thing. I can't find out original saddle and nut material. I believe those are not plastic, but not sure.
Anyone know about it, please give me a information about it.

sunpowder

Reaction score
To get an exact fit on the pins, I would suggest sending one to Bob Colosi at guitarsaddles.com...He can turn some bone pins (in regular or "vintage" style) for you that will fit well. Unless you have some good calipers to measure the pins collar and the angle of the taper, then you may be able to find a match online somewhere. Maybe they are the same size and taper of the modern Guild pins and you can get them from Guild, but I am not sure of that.

As for the nut and saddle, a luthier told me you can heat a needle up with a match and stick it into the saddle / nut ...if it goes in a bit, it is plastic of some sort...if it is bone, it will not. You would want to do the test someplace where it won't show up if it leaves a mark.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
One more thing. I can't find out original saddle and nut material. I believe those are not plastic, but not sure.
Anyone know about it, please give me a information about it.
HI Amira, welcome aboard!
Corona used a plastic material called "Micarta" for nut and saddle.