Fault Lines

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I agree, Happy - not many bands from my "era" doing that, but they are definitely one of them. The Heartbreakers are great players, too, and provide a tight band for Petty. I would also describe the band Rush as still "fresh and new" (Clockwork Angels last year), as well as Paul McCartney, although he is perhaps from an even older era (but his "New" album from last year was excellent). It's nice to see these "old timers" putting out new and vibrant music (at least to my ears). Perhaps we could add David Bowie to the list as well - his "Next Day" album last year was quite good. I didn't care for Elton John's latest stuff (I loved all his 70's and much of his 80's music), but at least he's still writing and making new music.

There's so many bands that never did much as time went on, becoming more of a "nostalgia" act. Let's put the infamous Eagles in this category, and of course there are others. One should probably put the Rolling Stones in this category too, as much as it hurts to do it.

Thanks for the reminder - I've been listening to the Petty album, I should buy it!

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Geez, I forgot Neil Young on the list of "old timers" still moving forward! Talk about a great example!

walrus

Harpymorgan

Reaction score
I thought you might be strategically avoiding him as I know his views can sometimes divide people, however got to agree.