Jammin!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Canned 42 half-pints of jam yesterday and today the old-fashioned way: Wild Blackberry, Strawberry, Strawberry-Rhubarb, Strawberry-Sweet Basil, Strawberry-Jalapeno, Rhubarb-Strawberry. Spent two straight days in the kitchen. Cleaned it all up and then made a pot of Chili for dinner tonight, LOL.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Fish tacos:
Drop some 1-inch cubes of Halibut or Cod or almost anything you like, really, in a medium hot pan with a little sesame oil to brown up, when almost done add some sliced onion and fine shredded red cabbage to "sweat" over the fish.
Fold in a warmed up soft taco, top with cilantro and that strawberry-jalapeno jam.
Modify recipe to your liking.
:smile:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Canned 42 half-pints of jam yesterday and today the old-fashioned way: Wild Blackberry, Strawberry, Strawberry-Rhubarb, Strawberry-Sweet Basil, Strawberry-Jalapeno, Rhubarb-Strawberry. Spent two straight days in the kitchen. Cleaned it all up and then made a pot of Chili for dinner tonight, LOL.
I'm impressed, loving homemade jam the way I do....not to mention chili!

Hat's off to you, :rugby:
Joe

Aristera

Reaction score
This was syrup week for me. black raspberry, red raspberry, blueberry, and red raspberry-rhubarb. Peaches are coming in now $1.50/lb pick your own. A peach melba jelly is great. I've got over 80lbs of frozen Killarney red raspberries to still process. chocolate-raspberry sauce. All seedless. I use a chinois from France. And I give it all away.

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Fish tacos:
Drop some 1-inch cubes of Halibut or Cod or almost anything you like, really, in a medium hot pan with a little sesame oil to brown up, when almost done add some sliced onion and fine shredded red cabbage to "sweat" over the fish.
Fold in a warmed up soft taco, top with cilantro and that strawberry-jalapeno jam.
Modify recipe to your liking.

OMG!!!! Way to ruin a perfectly good thread. Fish Taco vs Jams? Really? :chargrined:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Joe, don't you mean some of *adorshki's* veers are hard to figure?

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
OMG!!!! Way to ruin a perfectly good thread. Fish Taco vs Jams? Really? :chargrined:
I suspect you're unacqainted with the virtues of hot pepper jellies, which in fact make a wonderful fish taco.
51OuVK2arYL._SY300_.jpg

I suspect a strawberry-jalapeno jam would work just as well, if not better. :wink:
I suggest you rush over to dreadnut's to try some as quick as possible.
Unless you don't actually like hot peppers.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I suspect you're unacqainted with the virtues of hot pepper jellies, which in fact make a wonderful fish taco.
51OuVK2arYL._SY300_.jpg

I suspect a strawberry-jalapeno jam would work just as well, if not better. :wink:
I suggest you rush over to dreadnut's to try some as quick as possible.
Unless you don't actually like hot peppers.

I think the issue is that is that the farther you are from San Diego the more likely it is that "fish taco" does not describe anything one would want to try. Now, "taco de poissons' might be worth trying, right Pascal?