New Orleans.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Been a good 23 years since I last been to NOLA. Here for a conference. Heading into the quarter for seafood tonite, but out drinking beer hotel patio waiting. Just rained. Light breeze, not too shabby. Strange place but I like the old architecture of the quarter. And Abita Amber beer might be best beer ever made. Maybe. Louisiana is cool, like an old westerly dread.

Last edited:

southernGuild

Reaction score
South of South Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
I'm New Orleans born and raised. I've gotta agree with you there WW.
A great city! Strange, yes, but that's all part of her charm. Heaps of history, and great things to see and do there.....too much to mention here.
If I knew your interests. I'm Happy to point you in the right direction, and give you some insider info on where to go.
Then again,you can just ask around and explore..............lots to do!
Enjoy! :emmersed: Wish I were there tobuy you a drink, or two!

Zelja

Reaction score
New Orleans has been one of my favourite places to visit. I was there for a few days in March 1990 at the tail end of a year long trip around the world & then back in April/May 1992 for a week, which coincided with Jazzfest. I think southernGuild may have been back visiting then at the same time.

I loved the place & really dug the architecture of the French Quarter. It's not impressive in a grandiose way like a lot of European cities but I found it really aesthetically pleasing and just liked the vibe of the place. I've always wondered what it's like after the trauma it went through during & after Katrina.

Neal

Reaction score
Whoa, Woody. I just left there on Tuesday!

Bourbon Street still smells just as I remember it. Like a dog's backside. But music pours out of every bar, filling the street.

I saw one guy playing the crap out of a beat-up old Washburn. He had managed to wear through the pick guard on that thing.

Neal