Playing with your organ...

strummer

Reaction score
I've had one of these for a couple of weeks and have used it on one session to replicate a cheap Vox Continental/Farfisa sound on a sort of late "70s style tune.Think Elvis Costello and the Attractions type of organ.There's no doubt you have to play differently but that's the whole point.You're voicing an organ,not a guitar.There are no bends,etc. on an organ.The sounds by themselves are pretty accurate to my ears and two folks who heard it recorded and mixed in couldn't tell it wasn't a keyboard at all.In fact one guy asked me,"Why didn't you use the new pedal?"He thought I'd gone back to my Roland for a patch of some sort.The real value of this box IMHO,is for people like myself whose keyboard skills suck.I can play in any key w/this ,which I'm not proficient enough to do on keys and some of the sounds are in fact better than on my synth.If you're gonna do a solo recital of Rick Wakeman or Kieth Emerson pieces,yeah,someone's gonna hear a difference.I don't think it was designed for that.Anyway,some of you will love this if you have a hard time getting a keyboard player from time to time.

houseisland

Reaction score
For a mere $780 or so more, plus the hassles of shipping and customs and the need for support trusses, you could get almost the real thing, a BV, plus a Leslie.

00000_3uzexLAZF3C_600x450.jpg
00z0z_axnIVHViyt9_600x450.jpg

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/msg/4667689952.html