Guild Sighting...D55

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
On Jimmy Fallon...A beautiful D55

Is that Larry, Darryl, or Darryl on the bass. And while I'm on my grumpy old man soapbox, who goes on a national TV show and wears a hoodie on their head? Is the roof leaking and he's trying to keep his hair dry? The keyboardist's backwards baseball hat is also a nice touch.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Is that Larry, Darryl, or Darryl on the bass. And while I'm on my grumpy old man soapbox, who goes on a national TV show and wears a hoodie on their head? Is the roof leaking and he's trying to keep his hair dry? The keyboardist's backwards baseball hat is also a nice touch.
+1
My sentiments exactly, and they apply to so many individuals and groups. :rolleyes:

They're trying, I'm sure, to affect their own stage presence, if you can call it that.

Joe

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hate the breathing. Nice D55 though.

idealassets

Reaction score
Here's another one where you can see and hear the Guild a little better. :peaceful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10czEKuEuM

Joe
He does like a New Hartford burst D55 doesn't he? Really I like these types of songs because not too long ago it all required over the top guitar and drum parts, which mostly killed the vocals. Also I refrain to admit I like songs that I can play, and Hendrix for example is something I will never aspire to play.

Craig

Jorj

Reaction score
I only posted this, because I admired the D55. Frankly..their music didn't do it for me.

Neal

Reaction score
Considering my life of perpetual motion (current trip: New Orleans, Boston, NYC, South Carolina and then Salt Lake City), I really liked the sentiment of the song, and the spare arrangement. It made me reflect on how fast I am going all the time, which is what I think the songwriter was after.

And personally, I could care less what an artist wears when performing. My parents were tut-tuttung Jimmi''s scarves and paisley in 1970, too. And the Beatles' haircuts!

Neal