Guild sighting - Katy Perry's guitarist

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I don't know who this guy is, but there are other videos with him using a Guild. So to add to our "new Guild marketing" discussion, there ARE young guitarists out there using Guilds, i.e., as we discussed, Guilds are certainly not "unknown" to the younger generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G29dHPI4lj0

walrus

guildman63

Reaction score
Guild acoustics have a decent representation, but I would love to see their electrics get the love they deserve. I used my AP X-500 last week with my jazz ensemble, and the AP Artist Award this week, and they both killed it! I would have to say that the AA was slightly more acoustic sounding as expected, but they were both incredibly warm, articulate, and more than held their own. I can't say one is better than the other, but they are different for sure, and both fantastic!

Neal

Reaction score
What is he playing? It looks like an F-47, but the headstock appears to be a G Shield. GSR F-30?

Neal

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What is he playing? It looks like an F-47, but the headstock appears to be a G Shield. GSR F-30?
Good eye! My only explanation as GSR F-30 Rosewood owner is that it seems to be indeed a GSR F-30 Rosewood! I have no idea what else it could be otherwise.

1387806574_katy-perry.jpg

Ralf

Last edited: