Say Hello to my Little Friend

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
14745394412_33ed381fce_o.jpg

Dr. Z. EZG-50 with old-school oval faceplate into a 90's Sovtek 4x10 loaded with what I believe are Eminence Legends (I've owned this cab for nearly 20 years and I kind of forget).

Wish more makers would provide 10" arrays and particularly slant cabs. a 2x10 vertical slant is my dream configuration in terms of voicing, spread in sound, stage/transport size, weight and so many other factors.I so completely wish something like that were out there. Either that or a 2x10 horizontal config with a upwardly slanted baffle to act somewhat as a monitor.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Carvin has a 2x12 vertical slant cab. Wouldn't be difficult to fashion a tonering adapter to fit a couple of tens.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jeez. A 50-watt Dr. Z. That sucker has to be LOUD! My 18 watter sure is.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh yes, it's excruciatingly loud. But I'm a pedal user and got it for the clean headroom. I also have a attenuator on the way, so I can heat up the tubes without launching the neighborhood into orbit. :)

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, it's excruciatingly loud. But I'm a pedal user and got it for the clean headroom. I also have a attenuator on the way, so I can heat up the tubes without launching the neighborhood into orbit. :)

I use an attenuator with mine, too. Still loud. I'll never part with it.

Saw your post on Z-Talk, BTW. Second best gear site on the web, after LTG.