There's style, and then there's "style"

geoguy

Reaction score
When he sang that he had a beer for breakfast, I found that to be completely believable.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I wear too much clothing in my videos, obviously.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
He's not got a bad voice, but he couldn't take the cigarette out of his mouth long enough to sing the damn song? Really? Couldn't make it through.....

charliea

Reaction score
I don't know what his voice sounds like. The sound is so heavily processed it's hard to tell what lies underneath. Tell the truth, I shudder to think!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Really trying to "channel" Kris Kristofferson, I suppose. Not a bad voice but the guitar sounds like a banjo.

Zelja

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a live performance to me - there's another guitar in there & I don't think what you hear is what he's singing when puffing on a cigarette. Maybe the main acoustic backing is live.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You may be on to something. But I'm not sure I hear more than one guitar.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is of interest to any of you, but I'm the guy in the video under discussion and wanted to answer a few of the questions that were posed.

First off, thanks for engaging. Any feedback is better than none. It is a live performance. Admittedly, the guitar doesn't sound so great, but then again I'm recording myself live on my patio with a pair of SM57s. There's plate reverb on both guitar and vocal, and the vocal has been compressed some with the opto circuit in Logic's compressor. That is the only processing.

As for the cigarette, it's an old mic technique I picked up down here in New Orleans. Okay, not really, but just wanted to flavor the song in a performative sort of way. That's not my usual thing.

F312

Reaction score
Great find Joe and welcome to LTG ryangregoryfloyd
Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is of interest to any of you, but I'm the guy in the video under discussion and wanted to answer a few of the questions that were posed.
Well I'll be darned . WELCOME ABOARD!Welcome aboard!
Youtube vids tend to run kind of jerky on my antiquated old 'puter but I'm gonna have to take a listen.

First off, thanks for engaging. Any feedback is better than none. It is a live performance. Admittedly, the guitar doesn't sound so great, but then again I'm recording myself live on my patio with a pair of SM57s. There's plate reverb on both guitar and vocal, and the vocal has been compressed some with the opto circuit in Logic's compressor. That is the only processing.
I don't even use that much, but only for practical reasons.

As for the cigarette, it's an old mic technique I picked up down here in New Orleans. Okay, not really, but just wanted to flavor the song in a performative sort of way. That's not my usual thing.
LOVE IT!! LOL!!
Here's my artistic philosophy:
"To thine own muse be true. And f--- 'em if they can't take a joke"
Please drop in any time.
We could use a dash of cynicism now and then, and only a handful of us are properly certified to use it.
:eek: