New guy's '91 Pilot acquisition

Oren Hudson

Reaction score
Picked up a 1991 Pilot, serial #BE104233, in bright blue from the second owner today. He's had it since 1993. Currently in the process and taking it apart to clean, repair, replace, lubricate and set up. I'll post pics when allowed.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. Looking forward to pics. You are allowed to post them now because you have to upload them to some other site and use the IMG tag to link to them here. Note that the first few posts from new members are moderated so don't panic if you post and don't see anything.

Peach country, huh? :)

Oren Hudson

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome fronobulax. For some reason, I tend to have problems with other site photo hosting transferring to other sites. I'll give a try when time allows.

Peach country is just a couple of miles away, either down I-85 or US #321 across "the border" in S.C.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've waved at the water tower on my way to and from Spartanburg.

If you can host it so it displays elsewhere linking to it should be easy. But we can help.

I'm a sucker for blue so I'm looking forward to seeing your bass ;-)

Oren Hudson

Reaction score
Ah yes, the peach butt. Left cheek or right? You have kin in Spartanburg?

I've posted several photos to photobucket. What now?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wife's kin.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-.../7cnMY2hWG8o/s512/7188632613_436ac9c23b_k.jpg is the URL of an image I have in Picasa. I displayed it in a browser and did a right click and then Copy URL. Specifics will vary based on the site and your browser but the general idea is the same.

Start a new post on LTG. There is a picture icon on the right side of the editing tools row. Press it. It will open a dialog. Choose From URL, uncheck retrieve file and then paste the URL from above. Close it and you have

7188632613_436ac9c23b_k.jpg

Make sense?

Oren Hudson

Reaction score
I'm like a stones throw off of I-85 in Gastonia. Say hey next time you go by.

http://s649.photobucket.com

Any sources for parts, particularly control knobs (one of mine has been replaced with one that works, but is different from the others) and a cover plate for the back access. Mine is cracked and I glued it back together and works fine. Maybe a Guild case too. I saw one on Ebay that had been sold. Thanks. :calm:

Last edited:

Oren Hudson

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome chazmo.

In checking back on my above post that includes the link for pics, I discovered that it's now clickable and works taking you to photobucket. WTH!

So - go back to my above post and click the blue link. You'll see several pics of the Pilot as well as a few other photos.

I've also discovered that the official name for the color is Electric Blue. Imagine that!

Enjoy. :peaceful:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the Pilot owners club and LTG Oren. I love mine!

7955503096_efcb1081cf_b.jpg

Oren Hudson

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome twocorgis.

Looks like Bullwinkle is having a good time as well. Beautiful Pilots!

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like Bullwinkle is having a good time as well. Beautiful Pilots!

Thanks, and yes they are! the maple bodied Pilots are a bit heavier than yours (which is likely poplar), but they sure are pretty.

Just for the record, that's not Bullwinkle, that's Stoner© The Moose, coined by our own LadyTexan :pride: