If CMG produces one new product next year I wish it would be:

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I checked the Guild site and the bracing is indeed forward shifted which provides that awesome low end response.

The Santa Cruz OM/PW is the guitar I cherish more than any other I've owned. The modified V neck is incredibly comfortable...

Love to play one of those Orpheums one of these days...

griehund

Reaction score
Hey Cliff, isn't the "affordable travel guitar" category pretty well covered by other makers? How many would you expect them to sell to make it worth all the trouble and technical effort to gear up for one. There are a LOT of really nice travel guitars out there......

Dang. So you're saying I can't wish it so? Dang.:frown-new:

70man

Reaction score
An F612 with all the nice deco, and with graphite neck reinforcing rods and with enough bracing so I can tune it to standard tuning. If not, then an F312 and with that same reinforcement so I can tune it to standard.

I'm not asking for too much am I? But I guarantee that if one is made at least one will sell, to me that is.
+1 for F612 but with maple and ebony bindings and add a JF100-12 with Paua inlays http://www.mopsupplies.com/paua_shell.html but Golden Mother of pearl http://www.mopsupplies.com/gold_mother_of_pearl.html "Cloud" inlays....Yeeeeeeaaah, that's the schissal.

Last edited:

70man

Reaction score
An F612 with all the nice deco, and with graphite neck reinforcing rods and with enough bracing so I can tune it to standard tuning.

I'm not asking for too much am I? .
Well after they get the Factory set up,with the custom shop, I don't think you are at all, sound reasonable after all, and total feasible ha ha.

idealassets

Reaction score
Well after they get the Factory set up,with the custom shop, I don't think you are at all, sound reasonable after all, and total feasible ha ha.
Of course, I'm dreaming, but think of it: The last time around hardly anyone knew what an F612 or F312 was. BUT, if it is brought back, some of those old hippies (of which there are now millions of) can now buy one. Now all of that is OK, just as long as I can buy mine first.

And yes, with maple wood binding, and especially checkerboard. After all the checkerboard worked so well for Rickenbacker and it is still working today on a few of their models currently for sale. So what do you say CMG, will I get my guitar(s)? I'll take at least one of each. Thank you! Done deal?

CMG (Craig M Griffin)

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Instead of reinventing Guild's past, I'd like to see them make a non-cutaway, fully acoustic Archtop based on Freddie Green's 19" Stromberg Master 400. And while they're at it, sign up Ranger Doug as an endorser.
Brad

70man

Reaction score
[QUOTE So what do you say CMG, will I get my guitar(s)? I'll take at least one of each. Thank you! Done deal?

CMG (Craig M Griffin)[/QUOTE]

CMG CoMe on Guys F612 me please . Jf100 -12 me please,CoMeon Guys

70man

Reaction score
HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!! Yeah, sorry, Cliff...... no wishing allowed. Or is it no wishing aloud...... :encouragement:
Hey Tom ,Feel free to jump on this,wishes are allowed,California is the home of Disneyland ,when you wish upon a star Right ;)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am amused at the various understandings of the word "new". I confess I was hoping for something more imaginative/innovative than the "bring back X" or "make X but change this to that" suggestions that seem to dominate. Whether it makes sense in the marked or not, a Guild travel guitar is certainly new by almost any definition. I wonder if there is anything else or if our ideas for Guild's "new" products are firmly rooted in bringing back the best of the Past, first?

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I am amused at the various understandings of the word "new". I confess I was hoping for something more imaginative/innovative than the "bring back X" or "make X but change this to that" suggestions that seem to dominate. Whether it makes sense in the marked or not, a Guild travel guitar is certainly new by almost any definition. I wonder if there is anything else or if our ideas for Guild's "new" products are firmly rooted in bringing back the best of the Past, first?

OK then. How's about a Brazilian rosewood jumbo banjo? :uncomfortableness:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dunno, Frono. It certainly seems like everything has been done by now. My second vote would have been for an electric 12 string with an 1 3/4 neck, so you could actually play the darned thing.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
There was some experimentation with the folding guitar neck, I believe, a while back. If I recall (I'm probably wrong), Fender licensed that though, so I doubt CMG would have access. I was going to further the travel guitar concept by suggesting the folding neck as a product that I think would be awesome. A GUILD, that is!

I don't know what else I'd like to see. I don't know if the market is yet running dry on the uke front, but until recently I know there was a huge surge in these. A Guild uke at a reasonable price might be a kind of loss leader as a new product.

idealassets

Reaction score
I'm certain that CMG is open to any suggestions. But who will commit to something they are definite about paying for?

guildman63

Reaction score
Instead of reinventing Guild's past, I'd like to see them make a non-cutaway, fully acoustic Archtop based on Freddie Green's 19" Stromberg Master 400. And while they're at it, sign up Ranger Doug as an endorser.
Brad

A nice acoustic archtop in the vein of what Brad mentions, or along the lines of the vintage Epiphone Deluxe/Broadway/Triumph would be my wish. While I love my two AP recreations of the past and think there is a decent market for those with the proper marketing, I would loveto see something new for Guild, and of course jazzy!