If CMG produces one new product next year I wish it would be:

griehund

Reaction score
If CMG produces one new product next year I wish it would be:

An affordable travel guitar

Anybody else have a wish for a new product? Inquiring minds want to know.:victorious:

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A forward braced OM body; compensated saddle; ebony fingerboard & bridge available in Honduran mahogany & EIR.. Optional LR Baggs Lyric electronics. What the heck; I can dream, can't I?

ladytexan

Reaction score
A forward braced OM body; compensated saddle; ebony fingerboard & bridge available in Honduran mahogany & EIR.. Optional LR Baggs Lyric electronics. What the heck; I can dream, can't I?
Scratch, we need to get together so you can try my Orpheum mahogany OM. I think you might just luv it!

ladytexan

Reaction score
I'm going in the same line as you, Cliff. But instead of a travel model, I'd LUV to see a 12-fret, slot head parlor model (sorta like the Martin 00-28VS or 00-18VS). Ah, dreamin' is fun!

griehund

Reaction score
I'm going in the same line as you, Cliff. But instead of a travel model, I'd LUV to see a 12-fret, slot head parlor model (sorta like the Martin 00-28VS or 00-18VS). Ah, dreamin' is fun!

Our priest was looking for ideas for social get togethers and I suggested a blues guitar group that could meet monthly. He said "that's great, we could build a campfire in the back and sit around and make music". The thought of sitting out by a campfire with my D40 gave me the willies, the heeby jeebies, and drama trauma. I can put it in the back of my car but I don't think I could bring myself to take it on a plane. I know Ren is dedicated to wood so I don't hold out much hope for a reasonably priced composite.

ladytexan

Reaction score
I know Ren is dedicated to wood so I don't hold out much hope for a reasonably priced composite.
Totally understand, Cliff! The exact reason I bought the reasonably priced CA Cargo RAW travel guitar. twocorgis bought one, too, after he played mine in Austin. Buck for buck, it's the small, indestructable guitar that sounds like a dread. It plays like a dream, too. You might want to give it a try....they're not hard to find.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Scratch, we need to get together so you can try my Orpheum mahogany OM. I think you might just luv it!

I was going to say the same thing Toni, they already make that guitar! I have the rosewood version if that's what you prefer, Ken.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing Toni, they already make that guitar! I have the rosewood version if that's what you prefer, Ken.

Haven't stayed up with the Orpheum line. Might have to check into them. Advanced forward shifted bracing? Is the top Sitka or Engleman?.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haven't stayed up with the Orpheum line. Might have to check into them. Advanced forward shifted bracing? Is the top Sitka or Engleman?.

As Bill has already said, the tops are Adirondack. I'm not 100% sure of the bracing scheme, but I will say the guitars are very light builds, and very resonant. I've yet to play a Santa Cruz OM like yours Ken, but I will say that they're better than any other OM I've played, regardless of price, and that includes all the other boutiques.

idealassets

Reaction score
An F612 with all the nice deco, and with graphite neck reinforcing rods and with enough bracing so I can tune it to standard tuning. If not, then an F312 and with that same reinforcement so I can tune it to standard.

I'm not asking for too much am I? But I guarantee that if one is made at least one will sell, to me that is.

ladytexan

Reaction score
Ken, as Sandy said, I'm not sure of the bracing scheme, either. But what I do know, it's the best OM I've ever played. It's a phenomenal guitar! As you can tell, I'm over-the-moon for this model. :excitement:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Cliff, isn't the "affordable travel guitar" category pretty well covered by other makers? How many would you expect them to sell to make it worth all the trouble and technical effort to gear up for one. There are a LOT of really nice travel guitars out there......

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Although I can't swear I'd buy one, I'd love to see a maple archback F20 like Toni's!! With a short scale. That'd be amazing!! :encouragement: