Just cool...

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Spent the afternoon cleaning & restringing a few guitars. The Starfire really does have a nicely figured rosewood fingerboard. Kinda reminds me of why I like Guilds, and I thought I'd share...

fingerboard_zps568690aa.jpg

:peaceful:

geoguy

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a prettier rosewood fingerboard . . . is there some sort of a polishing attachment on your cordless drill/driver?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a prettier rosewood fingerboard . . . is there some sort of a polishing attachment on your cordless drill/driver?

No... the little tool is a dedicated string winder. I just applied a bit of lemon oil polish. I do it to all of my guitars about once a year. But the fingerboard on this guitar is special.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've got a few that look like that.

My favorite way to oil fretboards in to wipe on some oil, open a beer and drink some while the oil is being absorbed, apply some more oil, drink more beer, oil some more, drink some more, wipe excess oil off, finish beer, re-string!

Repeat for next guitar!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score

My favorite way to oil fretboards in to wipe on some oil, open a beer and drink some while the oil is being absorbed, apply some more oil, drink more beer, oil some more, drink some more, wipe excess oil off, finish beer, re-string!

Repeat for next guitar!
For 105 guitars? Let's see, how many beers would that be? :highly_amused:

Joe

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Repeat for next guitar!

You ought to make an instructional video...

Like you, I wipe off any excess oil after a while (or a beer). I guess I should add that before I apply oil, I use a bit of 0000 steel wool, mainly on the frets.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice! Let's see the 67! And Grot do u need an apprentice

Here's "Lorenzo" the '67 SF-1

Bass_zpsd1f7303c.jpg

I don't normally name my guitars, but the previous owner wrote "Lorenzo" on the label.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That has to be one of the nicest looking rosewood finger boards I've seen. Very nice, Dave.

How's the band doing?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That has to be one of the nicest looking rosewood finger boards I've seen. Very nice, Dave.

How's the band doing?

Scratch, we have to use the term "band" loosely, but we're having fun with it. Just a bunch of old farts making a lot of noise, for the most part.