New Amp Day!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've really been pushing more and more into the electric guitar world, and I've found myself needing (really??) a backup amp. So, with the help of another LTGer, this is what I went with:

PR2_zps7c9baef2.jpg

According to my research, these amps were about the last of the point-to-point Fender amps made. This one is from about 1985, as far as I can tell.

Clean, isn't it?

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dave, this could be serious...I believe they call this "Amplifier Acquisition Syndrome"

With enabling? You definitely have a condition.

And we are all here to help you feel better about it. LOL

Right on all counts!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are great little amps. I have a Rivera-era Super Champ, which has almost the same circuitry in a slightly smaller package with a 10" speaker. Supposedly, there are a few mods which will make it more stable, and many recommend a speaker change.

Check out this page. Lots of helpful info.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Those are great little amps. I have a Rivera-era Super Champ, which has almost the same circuitry in a slightly smaller package with a 10" speaker. Supposedly, there are a few mods which will make it more stable, and many recommend a speaker change.

Check out this page. Lots of helpful info.

Thanks, jp. I have been through that site "cover-to-cover" but I'm torn between doing mods or keeping the thing in pure original condition. It's just a backup, and I'll probably never use it for anything but it's clean sound.