Glamping Guitar?

ladytexan

Reaction score
Well, I learned a new word today, glamping. What is it? Glamping is luxury camping on a grand scale, and evidently, is all the rage globally. It, initially, got its start on African hunting safaris in the '50s. Now, it's the hot new thing in camping. As someone who does not like 'ordinary' camping in a tent with a sleeping bag on the ground, this seems like a grand way to enjoy the outdoors. So, now, do I need to upgrade to a glamping guitar? I think so...... :laughing:

P.S. There are many website to learn more about it. Just google 'glamping'.

Glamping.jpg

glamping.jpg

Glamping_2.jpg

2012-july-august-summer-1859-notebook-glamping-wall-tent-bend-oregon-deschutes-river-meadow-camp-farther-away.jpg

glamping.jpg

10.jpg

whitepod2.jpg

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not exactly sure that's camping, but then again neither is our park home that lives at the beach in Maine. Looks really appealing to me, actually. Hard to mind sleeping in a tent when you're in a king-size 4-poster. ;)

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hmm...

So "Roughing it" is replaced with "Smoothing it"?

And who, exactly, will be packing all those accoutrements in on their behalf? Sounds like a business opportunity. ;~}

I recall coming upon a "campsite" years ago in the (seemingly) middle of nowhere, where I counted 24 RV's or trailers lined up next to one another, with little more than 15 feet between them. It wasn't a convention, and folks had no affiliation with one another. I remember thinking their intention to "get away from it all" meant something different to them than to me. After all, they all live in homes or apartments that are farther apart.
:laughing:

X-170AB

Reaction score
Hmm...

So "Roughing it" is replaced with "Smoothing it"?

I recall coming upon a "campsite" years ago in the (seemingly) middle of nowhere, where I counted 24 RV's or trailers lined up next to one another, with little more than 15 feet between them. It wasn't a convention, and folks had no affiliation with one another. I remember thinking their intention to "get away from it all" meant something different to them than to me.

I love camping, and don't mind packing in a tent & sleeping bag to get "closer to nature". But I have noticed, in some camping situations (esp. 'car camping') that some folks just like to get where they can hoot and holler, and carry on a bit.

After all, they all live in homes or apartments that are farther apart.
:laughing:

Well, in California at least, you couldn't always count on that being true ;>)

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I've written about the 'evolution' of camping for a local paper but in reality, derived from personal experience, it's more like DEvolution.
Driving your living room to the lake with your satellite dish and big screen HDTV and A/C hardly seems like camping to me. I know all about the different strokes concept, but really....calling it camping? C'mon.
And please leave your mobile stereos at home, OK? At least turn down the bass!! :numbness:

*And this "glamping" will require a lot of grunts to set up for the comfort of the aristocracy. Lord help us!

Just venting, :apple:
Joe

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
We're packing again to leave next week. This is where I'll sleep and this will be all the music I need.

klipchuckguild.jpg

Camping with my camping guitar is a passion realized. :apple:

But that's just me, YMMV.
Joe

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Camping is hard work. Glamping would not be (for me) because I would have to have an entourage to haul all that stuff around, set it up, tear it down, haul it away and to go away when they're not at work doing all that stuff. And they would have to do it all for free because I certainly can't afford to pay for all that.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Camping to my bride is a Bed & Breakfast! Mrs. Two never goes anywhere she can't plug in her hair dryer, and that's fine with me.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Camped all the time with the family growing up, camped all the way on a cross-country trip to Yellowstone as a kid. Also in Boy Scouts, then camped a lot again when my two boys were in Scouts. Sorry, at this point, I'm totally with Sandy, and my wife is definitely with Mrs. Two!!

walrus