Another Guild on the way! And an update...

BoneDigger

Reaction score
I am finding these good deals on Guild way too often these days! I found a D50 on Craigslist for $500. Very good condition except for a lot of finish checking. The finish I'm not too worried about since the wood is in good shape. I will have it in my hands on Wednesday. It is a 1987 model made in Westerly.

Here is a CL link. Let me know if you see any issues with this before I make the purchase (I will of course check it out well before I buy).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/4535380215.html

As an update, I am LOVING my DV52 (also a Westerly) that I bought recently (also CL). That guitar has tone for days and is just an absolute joy to play.

So, with this new D50, that will make my collection as such:

D125 (GAD)
D125-12 (GAD)
D140 (GAD)
DV52 (Westerly)
D50 (Westerly)

I'll try to get some pics of the herd once I have the D50 in hand. I will have to save up for a D40 BG at some point.

Do you guys think the D40 is a better guitar than the D140 (GAD)? I rather like my D140 but if the American made version is better...

Todd

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Todd, those are tone flames. That is my D50 I am selling. Good to finally meet a fellow LTGer. :)

BoneDigger

Reaction score
Awesome! I am excited about adding this to my stable of guitars.

Todd

Neal

Reaction score
One of the coolest tops I have ever seen on a guitar. Looks like 500 snakes from hell slithered across it, burning their path in the finish.

BoneDigger, Woody is too modest to point this out, but he has a few YouTube videos posted of this guitar in action, if you would like to hear it. Fine playing, too.

Neal

Daveyo

Reaction score
Please someone tell my where I can pick up a D50 for 500.00!
congrats on a great guitar
dave

jcwu

Reaction score
Todd, those are tone flames. That is my D50 I am selling. Good to finally meet a fellow LTGer. :)

You know, it's funny, before I clicked on the Craigslist ad, when I read Todd's description, first thing I thought of was WW's tone-flamed guitar. :)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You know, it's funny, before I clicked on the Craigslist ad, when I read Todd's description, first thing I thought of was WW's tone-flamed guitar. :)

And JC I took it out to play it for a bit Monday, what a tone factory. Such a rich full sound. Then it went right back into its case for there is little reason to play a guitar you are going to sell. Hope it works out for the D50 and Todd.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
BoneDigger, Woody is too modest to point this out, but he has a few YouTube videos posted of this guitar in action, if you would like to hear it. Fine playing, too.

Neal

Thanks for the kind words Neal.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Can't see the saddle or the string height, but for $500. Heck, I'd go check her out and if she's got over 1/8" saddle and is playable......go for it. That guitar has some character. Nice rosewood back it appears.

West

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Todd came up to work, played it for a while, but passed. It is an ugly guitar no doubt. Sure sounded nice though with the chords he was playing. It's nice to hear your guitar played when you are not the one playing it. It's a totally different sound when you sit across from the soundhole instead of on top of it. Anyway, it was quite a drive up from Dallas so I appreciate his effort. Thanks Todd.

And, my wife told me last night that we do not really need to sell it. I have decided to pull it from CL and just keep it. Tone flames are not for everyone...

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It's nice to hear your guitar played when you are not the one playing it. It's a totally different sound when you sit across from the soundhole instead of on top of it.
YEP.
And, my wife told me last night that we do not really need to sell it. I have decided to pull it from CL and just keep it. Tone flames are not for everyone...
Coool. 2 keepers.
Yer a lucky man, especially blessed by being able to see beauty where others only see age...but if you repeat that be sure the wife understands I'm talkin' 'bout the guitar....:biggrin-new:

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
especially blessed by being able to see beauty where others only see age...but if you repeat that be sure the wife understands I'm talkin' 'bout the guitar....:biggrin-new:

LOL Al. Will be extra careful there for sure. :).

BoneDigger

Reaction score
Congrats on being able to keep it! It really did sound great, even with my horrible playing!

Todd