Texas Thanks Phil Collins

guildman63

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the band Genesis, which is where Phil Collins got his start in the early 70's. When Peter Gabriel left the band in '75 Phil stepped in and filled the big hole, and did it with style. He has always appeared to be very down to earth, and here is more proof. It's a shame that so many people try to drag others down with untruths because it either fits their agenda, or because they are jealous of their success, or for any other reason. I'm glad to see Phil doing the right thing for no other reasons than he can afford to, and it is the right thing to do. And it doesn't surprise me a bit.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Good for him! Kind of interesting a guy who grew up in England would be so interested in the Alamo!

+1 what guildman said...

walrus

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I thought it was an extremely class act. It does amaze me that Phil is so interested in Texas history..........sort of makes a guy from Texas feel good. Just a very selfless act.

West

guildman63

Reaction score
And he is a phenomenal drummer to boot! Go back and listen to Genesis music from 1972 to 1975, and even through the rest of the 70's. While he focused more on vocals after Gabriel left, his drumming, and the overall musicianship was incredible. In fact, they had a difficult time finding a guitarist that was good enough to be able to properly play their music live while standing and moving. They finally found Darryl Stuermer (spelling) from Jean Luc Ponty (spelling again), and he was awesome! On drums they had dueling drummers with Phil on one set, and Bill Brufford on the other. Way ahead of their time, and their old music is still good to this day.

Oh, and Chester Thompson toured with them for a while.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
What happened to Tommy??????
Another tragic case of too much success, too soon:

TommyPF0202948_400.jpg