2 LTGers hitting the stage!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tom Jacobs (fixit) and myself often jam with a number of other local musicians. Some are pros, some not (like me). It's pretty informal but always a lot of fun. Well, somehow we've landed a gig in a bar in Cocoa Village, which is a local hot-spot for entertainment.

Check out the awesome promo poster, made by one of our members:

Sure to be a blast!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good time is at hand! :triumphant:

Curious Joe wonders:
Are you and Tom related or just using the same surname to confuse people?
Is Joe Poirier related to Pascal?
Also, ya gotta love a name like Buck Barefoot!

Have fun,
Joe

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good time is at hand! :triumphant:

Curious Joe wonders:
Are you and Tom related or just using the same surname to confuse people?
Is Joe Poirier related to Pascal?
Also, ya gotta love a name like Buck Barefoot!

Have fun,
Joe

So many questions!!!

a. No and No.
b. No. But, I've been told that Poirier is a fairly common French surname.
c. Yep. But it's real. Here's his band's web page.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Break a leg, buddy!

One of my bands is doing a benefit for St. Jude the beginning of August, and I can't think of a better cause. We've done a few gigs for St. Jude, but I will admit the flyer is a dubious Photoshop job though.

10363513_10202712918808235_2986517100848504372_n.jpg

I'm very proud to say that our guitarist, through various golf outings, and gigs by our band, have raised well over a million dollars for this very worthy charity.

Last edited:

ladytexan

Reaction score
To the non-related Jacobs' band members, you go and play your Guild hearts out and your Guilds! You are going to play a Guild aren't you, Dave? Please posts a few pictures, 'k? LUV the advertising poster. "Central Florida Rockers".....kewl! :cool-new:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool Dave. Wish I could come sit in for a piece or two but I'm across the pond... and having a great time too.
Yes Poirier is a widespread last name in France but in the US not so much. I grew used to spelling it out instead of pronouncing it, to avoid the "deer in the headlights" looks.... lol
So does Joe speak Francais?
Have a blast with Tom and the gang!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
To the non-related Jacobs' band members, you go and play your Guild hearts out and your Guilds! You are going to play a Guild aren't you, Dave? Please posts a few pictures, 'k? LUV the advertising poster. "Central Florida Rockers".....kewl! :cool-new:

Thanks, Toni. Because of having so many people playing in a relatively small venue, we're restricted to only one guitar. I almost went with the Starfire but the new G&L won out. I think any other LTGers with G&L guitars will understand.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool Dave. Wish I could come sit in for a piece or two but I'm across the pond... and having a great time too.
Yes Poirier is a widespread last name in France but in the US not so much. I grew used to spelling it out instead of pronouncing it, to avoid the "deer in the headlights" looks.... lol
So does Joe speak Francais?
Have a blast with Tom and the gang!

Good to hear from you, Pascal. Joe is French-Canadian, like me (Bessette & Remy on my mom's side of the family). But no Francais spoken.

You are welcome to roll up here anytime to join the jam.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So how was the jam session, gents?

Hope you had a great time, Mr. Jacobs. :friendly_wink:

All the best,
B.

We had a blast! And it went well enough to generate offers for more.

Oh, and I did end up playing the SFIV.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My friend Jim Locke, originally from Marietta, Ohio lives in The Village now. He is a phenomenal guitarist, learned a lot of scales from him years back. He has been jamming with Andy Dubois around Central Florida. I hope your paths cross because he always liked my D-40 but disappointed he couldn't play it because it's a lefty. Hope you had a blast!!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool: good to hear that! :encouragement:

And I liked the sound of that SFIV: mighty fine licks, Dave! :congratulatory:

All the best,
B.

Thanks, Bruno. I took down the link to the recording. There are better ones... :pride:

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Break a leg, buddy!

One of my bands is doing a benefit for St. Jude the beginning of August, and I can't think of a better cause. We've done a few gigs for St. Jude, but I will admit the flyer is a dubious Photoshop job though.

10363513_10202712918808235_2986517100848504372_n.jpg

I'm very proud to say that our guitarist, through various golf outings, and gigs by our band, have raised well over a million dollars for this very worthy charity.

Much appreciated, Sandy. St. Jude played a big part in my family's lives many years ago.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Much appreciated, Sandy. St. Jude played a big part in my family's lives many years ago.

Big fan of St Jude here Ken. We've done two Christmas concerts the last two years, and also played their main fundraiser at BB King's in Times Square with three other bands in May. Easily one of the best charities out there, and we had the honor of meeting Marlo Thomas at the gala last month. If any of you that are local are interested in coming, here's the link.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here's a photo...

10397050_10203880392349049_5843840699367401224_o_zpse45947ba.jpg

Obviously a cell-phone shot, but, hey. It's a Guild sighting.